A MOTHER has complained after discovering a hoop earring in a freshly made supermarket pizza.
Mother-of-two Krystina Boreham ordered the pizza online from Wisbech’s Asda store. However, when she was eating a slice, she bit into something hard that turned out to be a silver earring.
Ms Boreham said: “I have two children aged two and three and they could have eaten that slice and choked on the earring.”
Asda refunded the price of the pizza and offered her £10 of goodwill vouchers. However, she feels this is “not acceptable” and contacted environmental health.
A spokesperson from Asda said: “We set ourselves the highest standards when it comes to our service.
“As soon as we were made aware of the accident, we investigated internally, re-briefed colleagues and contacted our local authority to make them aware.
“We’re sincerely sorry for any upset or inconvenience caused to Ms Boreham and have offered our apologies and a gesture of goodwill.”