UPDATE - Man arrested over shooting

0
Have your say

POLICE have now confirmed that no shots were fired during yesterday’s (Monday) arrest of a 40-year-old man in connection with a shooting incident on the A47 over the weekend.

In a statement late yesterday afternoon a police spokesman said a shot had been fired as officers went to arrest the man, who is from the Wisbech area, at Leverington on suspicion of attempted murder.

However, in a later statement the spokesman said shots had been fired during Saturday’s incident, which left the busy A47 closed for nearly 12 hours, but no shots were fired yesterday.