A VAGRANT with a history of being drunk in public has been banned from Wisbech town centre.
Aleksandras Liesys, 43, of no fixed abode, was made the subject of an Anti-social behaviour order at King’s Lynn Magistrates’ Court yesterday on Thursday (November 15).
He had previously been subject to an interim order.
The order bans him from:
- Entering the town centre between 8am and 8pm.
- Having an open container of alcohol in a public place in the area covered by the designated public places order (DPPO), unless in a licensed premises.
- Being drunk in any public place in the DPPO area.
- Swearing or making abusive or threatening comments or gestures in Wisbech.
- Entering or remaining in Norfolk Street, Norwich Street and the Lloyds TSB in North Brink.
If he breaches the two-year order he faces up to five years in prison.
PC Adam Pearce said: “Liesys is a persistent offender and a nuisance to people living in the town. Despite the best efforts of a number of agencies he has chosen to be a drunken vagrant. People should be able to go out in Wisbech without seeing drunken and disorderly behaviour and I hope this order helps us achieve that.”