Fire risk forces couple to move

0
Have your say

A PENSIONER couple have had to move out of their Wisbech town centre flat on the advice of a fire inspector.

The couple understood from the Fire Protection officer that the wiring in the Market Place flat was dangerous and needed to be replaced.

The flat will be closed for around three weeks while the work is carried out.

The couple, who do not want to be named, were moved into a housing association property yesterday morning (Tuesday) following Monday’s inspection.

A spokesperson from Five Star Lettings, who manage the flat which is in the same building as the business, said they were doing some work on their cellar and discovered the wiring was much older than they thought.

The flat would need to be closed while it was rewired because there was the possibility of a fire risk.

Businesses in the building were able to continue as normal and the lettings agency said an electrician was due to start work yesterday.