A home was badly damaged after embers from a neighbours bonfire spread to a garden and house extension.
Crews from Wisbech, March and Long Sutton were called to a shed fire in Gorefield Road, Leverington at 1.31pm yesterday, Sunday August 7.
When crews arrived, they found fencing and a shed measuring 5m by 10m alight, which was affecting a single storey lean-to extension.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels and jets to extinguish the fire.
Station Commander Stuart Smith said: “Although unfortunately the lean-to and garden were destroyed, crews worked hard to stop the fire from spreading to the extension on the property.
“We believe this fire was caused by embers from a bonfire in a neighbouring garden, being carried by the wind and spreading.
“We would urge residents to take their garden waste to a local waste and recycling centre rather than build bonfires in their gardens. They can spread quickly and easily and can cause great damage.”