ARE you interested in mental health issues? Do you want to make a difference to the local NHS?
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (CPFT) is holding elections to its Board of Governors and is looking for new governors in three areas; those who will represent the public, those
who will represent carers and people who use our services and one staff governor.
Governors are important in the life of CPFT. As a governor you will help to guide and inform the work that is done. Governors reflect the views of members and help the Trust to decide the sort of services it
As a Governor, you will:
• Appoint the Chair and Non-Executive Directors of CPFT and approve the appointment of the Chief Executive
• Be consulted on plans for changes to local mental health services
• Be consulted about any areas of special interest that you have
• Meet with and speak to the members who voted for you to hear their views and feed them back to CPFT
• Receive information to keep you up to date with the work of CPFT
• Have a term of office for three years.
The deadline for nominations is Monday May 14. A nomination form can be obtained by the Returning Officer, Caroline Hinchcliffe, at Electoral Reform Services Ltd, The Election Centre, 33 Clarendon Road, London N8 0NW. You must be a member of CPFT before you can stand as a Governor.
If you’d like to become a member, you can join online at www.cpft.nhs.uk. If you’d like an information pack about being a Governor call Freephone number 0800 376 0101 for more details.