DCSIMG

Chimney fire in Wisbech

editorial image

editorial image

A further warning has been given about getting your chimney swept following a fire in Wisbech on Saturday morning.

At 9.23am, one crew from Wisbech was called to a fire in the chimney of a property on Victoria Road. Using chimney rods they extinguished the fire and returned to their station by 10.20am.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page