DCSIMG

Warning after chimney fire

editorial image

editorial image

The fire service have issued another warning about keeping chimneys swept after a fire in Gorefield.

One crew from Wisbech was called to a chimney fire in High Road at 3.50pm yesterday (Thursday).

Firefighters extinguished a fire in a chimney in a detached bungalow and returned to their stations by 5.15pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page