What’s happening in Fenland
Wednesday, July 2
Rose Fair, July 2 to 6, organised by St Peter’s Church and Rose Fair Committee.
Wisbech Rose Fair will be celebrated at the National Trust’s Peckover House from Wednesday 2nd to Saturday 5th July, 11am to last admission at 4.30pm. Proceeds from Thursday 3rd will be donated to the National Garden Scheme.
• Wisbech Town Walk. Queen’s Road, led by Peter Clayton. Meet at Clarkson Memorial, 7pm, £2.
• Upwell village Hall, Lincs Ladies Clothes Show. Chain store clothes at bargain prices, all garments in perfect condition. Sizes 8 to 24 suitable for all ages. £2.50 admission includes a tea or coffee and biscuits. Doors open 6.30pm for a 7pm start. In aid of Upwell Hall.
Thursday, July 3
Bingo, Parson Drove Village Hall, eyes down at 7.30pm, proceeds for the upkeep of the church yard. For more information call 01945 700276
Friday, July 4
• After Hours Rose Fair Special with Henry Olonga, Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech, from 7.30pm. Entry is free.
• Coffee morning, community room at church, Walsoken, 10am. All welcome.
Saturday, July 5,
• Rose Fair parade, leaving Queen Mary Centre at 11am and 2pm.
• Open Gardens, Wisbech St Mary, 10am-5pm.
Craft fair and indoor car boot sale plus sale of vintage and sample wedding dresses, Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech. Stalls are £5, 10am-3.30pm
Cake stall to raise money for St Wendreda’s Church, March market, 8.30am-11am.
Sunday, July 6
• Wisbech, Octavia’s Cafe, stand-up comedian Mark Palmer appearing for After Hours Live.
• March, West End Park, March Brass 2000, 2-4pm. (If bad weather, Trinity Church)
Clarkson Singers, St Peter and St PWednesday, July 9
• Coffee morning at St Wendreda’s Church, March, from 10am to noon. There will be cake stall and plant stall as well.
• Wisbech Town Walk. Printing in Wisbech, led by Richard Clark. Meet at Clarkson Memorial, 7pm, £2.
All the Birds, Singing with Evie Wyld, Wisbech Library, 7pm, £2.
Thursday, July 10
Bingo, Parson Drove Village Hall, eyes down at 7.30pm, proceeds for the annual Christmas party. For more information call 01945 700276.
Friday, July 11
• eReader and Tablet computer event at Chatteris Library, 2.30pm-4.30pm.
Saturday July 12
Open garden, Saturday and Sunday, July 12 and 13, Peter Pimm’s home at 6 Wigstones Road, March, 9am to 6pm, raising money for FACET.
Summer fair with performance by the Clarkson Singers, Gennfield Care Centre, Moneybank, Wisbech,
aul Parish Church, 3pm
Monday, July 7
Annual meeting, The Royal British Legion Women’s Section, Chatteris Branch, Chatteris Working Mens Club, 7pm. Followed by the annual quiz. For more information call Janice Baynes on 01354 693144
Tuesday, July 8
• Leverington Ladies meeting, the speaker will be Doreen Reed with a competition for a short poem.