What’s on in Fenland:
Saturday, August 30
• Car boot sale, St Andrew’s Church, Outwell. Contact 01945 773566.
• Chatteris Library, Mythical Creature Craft Day, 10.30am-11.30am.
• Friends of March Library coffee morning, Wordsworth Room, March Library, 10am-noon.
Sunday, August 31
• March, West End Park, 2-4pm, Wississippi Jazzmen, if bad weather relocate to Trinity Church.
Monday, September 1
• Prize bingo, St Augustine’s Parish Centre, Wisbech, doors open at 6.30pm for refreshments – 7.30pm start. All welcome.
Monday, September 1
• Bingo, Thorney Toll Village Hall, 7.30pm start. Contact 01945 700276.
Wednesday, September 3
• Evening bingo, Wisbech Town Football Club, Lynn Road, doors open 6.45pm, eyes down 7.30pm. Refreshments and raffle available.
Thursday, September 4
• Bridge at the Brasa Club, March. First meeting of a new club meeting weekly to play duplicate bridge. All players welcome. First deal 1.30pm. Anyone wishing to learn contact George on 01354 657981.
• Bingo in aid of Scotty’s Little Solders, Parson Drove Village Hall, excellent prizes given by local businesses, eyes down 7.30pm. Contact 01945 700276.
Saturday, September 6
• Beaver Lodge, Henson Road, March, garden open as part of National Gardens Scheme.
Town garden with an oriental theme with ponds, pergolas, ferns and lots of bonsai, 10.30am-4pm both days.
• Dog agility competition, Coldham Playing Field proceeds to the upkeep of playing field and community building, 9am.
• Murrow autumn open vegetable and flower show, Murrow Village Hall. Exhibits accepted between 9am and 11.30am. Show opens 2pm with awards presented at 3pm. An auction will follow. Schedules from Mrs M Woollard on 01945 700673.
• Race night, Upwell Village Hall, doors open at 7pm, 7.30pm start. Admission £5 for adults, £3 for children, under 5’s free – this includes a ploughman’s supper. For tickets, call Dee on 01945 773735. Fundraising for Upwell Hall and Wisbech Lions.
Sunday, September 7
• Beaver Lodge, Henson Road, March, garden open as part of National Gardens Scheme. Town garden with an oriental theme with ponds, pergolas, ferns and lots of bonsai. 10.30am-4pm both days.
• Coldham dog show, Coldham Playing Field, Station Road, judging at 11am.
• Mods and Rockers Ride Out to Hunstanton.
Meet at McDonalds, Wisbech, at 10am to leave at 10.30am, leaving Tesco, King’s Lynn, at 11.30am to head to Hunstanton.
• Bandstand, West End Park, March, 11am 5km walk for Macmillan started by Dave ‘Boy’ Green.
• The Elgood’s Brewery Garden and Craft Fair, in the Old Barn.
Saturday, September 13
• Astral House, 22 Lynn Road, Wisbech, Brew for the Few.Coffee and cakes, in aid of RAFA Wings Appeal, 11am-4pm, all are welcome to attend.
Saturday, September 20
• Last night of the Proms, St Peter and St Paul’s Church Hall, Wisbech, doors open 6.30pm, 7pm start, tickets £10, concessions £7.50. Raffle and light plated buffet, served with tea or coffee. For tickets contact Trevor or Adele on 01945 587653. £1 of ticket price will go to The Royal British Legion.
Monday, September 29
• March Library, Engage event, talk by Ryan Berridge, Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Community Champion, on keeping yourself safe from fire in your Home, 2pm-3pm, free, refreshement provided, all welcome.