What’s happening in Fenland
Wednesday, June 25
• Wisbech Town Walk. Secret St Peter’s, led by Keith Aplin. Meet at Clarkson Memorial, 7pm, £2.
Wisbech Diabetes UK Group, Community Room, Tesco Wisbech Extra, Cromwell Road, 7pm. Everyone is welcome and there are no membership requirements. Refreshments are available.
Chatteris Community Hub, 10.30am-11am Wheely Good stories and bike collage for three years and above, free entry.
• Walsoken, All Saints’ Church, Vestry Hour, 6.30pm, to arrange weddings, baptisms and banns.
• Cubs meet, St Peter’s Junior School, Walsoken, 6.30pm.
Thursday, June 26,
• Newton Village Hall, Blooming Great Tea Party, 10.30am-12.30pm. Cakes, drinks, raffles and competitions. In aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care.
• Beavers meet, Walsoken Village Hall, 6pm.
Friday, June 27
• Bingo in Walsoken Village Hall. Eyes Down 7.30. Proceeds to All Saints’ Church
Saturday, June 28
Summer fair, Elm Road Primary School, Wisbech, 11am-3pm, with lots of stalls, face painting, fancy dress and more. For a stall email email@example.com
• Friends of March Library are holding a special ‘Tour de France’ coffee morning from 10am to noon. Refreshments, a prize raffle and bring your bike along for a best-decorated bike competition. All welcome.
March library, Wheely Good stories and bike collage making for three years and over, free entry
• Gorefield Playing Field Association car boot sale. Gates open at 8am. For more details phone Alan on 01945-870457 or Michael on 01945-410644.
• Car boot sale, St Andrew’s Church, Outwell. Contact 01945 773566
- Newton’s Got Talent and fete, Queen Elizabeth Playing Field, Newton, from 2pm.
• The Pump Room, The Crescent, Wisbech, Saturday, June 28, to July 5, Wisbech Art Club Summer Exhibition 9am-5pm weekdays, 10pm-4pm Sunday.
Irish singer Tom Kennedy gives a concert in Trinity Church, High Street, March, 7pm, £5. For more information call June Money on 01354 656550
• Peckover House. Wisbech, Bee weekend, today and tomorrow, noon to 4pm both days, displays and sales of bee-related products plus plants. More information on 01945 583463.
March Brass 2000 are playing at the Abbots Ripton Garden Show at 2.00pm and 4.00pm, Saturday and Sunday, June 28 and 29.
• Elme Hall Hotel, Wisbech, Maxwell Hammer and Smith playing covers of Queen, ELO, U2, Crowded House, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Thin Lizzy, Guns and Roses and more. Families welcome with free admission for accompanied under-14s. Adults £3. Free admission for hotel residents and Sunday lunch diners.
Tuesday, July 1
Afternoon bingo, Wisbech Town Football Club, Lynn Road, doors open at 1.30pm with eyes down at 2.15pm.
Wednesday, July 2
Wisbech Rose Fair, July 2 to 6, organised by St Peter’s Church and Rose Fair Committee.
Rose Fair will be celebrated at the National Trust’s Peckover House from Wednesday to Saturday July 5, 11am to last admission at 4.30pm. Proceeds from Thursday go to the National Garden Scheme.