Straw fire in Benwick

No Caption ABCDE ENGANL00120130627151941
No Caption ABCDE ENGANL00120130627151941
0
Have your say

About 20 tonnes of straw was accidentally set alight last night (Monday, August 10).

Firefighters from Ramsey were called to a fire in Whittlesey Road, Benwick, just before 8.10pm after the waste straw was alight.

Firefighters used hose reels, drags and worked with the farmer to use machinery to prevent the fire from spreading. The crew returned to station by 10.40pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.