What’s on in Fenland:
Thursday, November 27
• Christmas coffee morning at Doddington Village Hall. Doors open at 10am until noon. £1 entry fee. Coffee, biscuits and an array of stalls including, cakes, books, crafts and Christmas goods. There will also be a raffle drawn on the day. All profits will go to help local children.
• Talent night at The Light Cinema, Cromwell Road, Wisbech, from 7.30pm. Hosted by Jonny Allstars. Everyone welcome, no charge to have a go.
Friday, November 28
• Quiz night at Gorefield Pavillion, organised by the Fenrats, 7.30pm, tickets costing £6 including a buffet are available on 01945 871115.
• Evening talk at March Museum at 7.30pm in St Peter’s Church Hall, High Street. “Edward and Mrs Simpson” by John Shaw. Admission, with refreshments, £3 (members £2). All welcome.
• Informal evening with carols, hot drinks and mince pies, Trinity Church, High St, March, call in between 6.30pm and 8.30pm for a warm and a sing.
• Wisbech St Mary Under 9 Purples football team bingo evening, Wisbech St Mary community centre. Doors open 6.30pm, eyes down 7.30pm. Contact 01945 411866.
Saturday, November 29
• Car boot sale, St Andrew’s Church, Outwell. Contact 01945 773566.
• Coffee morning with raffle, Friends of March library, Wordsworth Rooms, 10am-noon.
• Christmas Bazaar, Rose Lodge Care Home, Walton Road, Wisbech, 2pm. If anyone would like a stall contact Penny on 01945 474449.
• Tydd St Giles Church Christmas Fair, 11am-3pm, free admission. Various craft stalls, refreshments and cakes, together with raffles and a “Make a Wish Christmas Tree”.
• Coffee morning with table top and costume jewellery sale, Conservative Club, Hill Street, Wisbech, 10am-noon.
• 2.30pm, public meeting on new community centre plan, Marshland St James Jubilee Hall.
Sunday, November 30
• Sunday Rock and Blues event at the Elme Hall Hotel, Wisbech, with the Ron Sayer Band, featuring Charlotte Joyce, and support band Morganway. Doors open 3.30pm. Families welcome, free admission for accompanied under 14’s. Adults £3. Free admission for hotel residents and Sunday lunch diners.
• Auction in aid of Promoting Animal Welfare, Emneth Central Hall, 2pm. For more details call Dawn on 0782 5935441.
-Wisbech Christmas Lights Switch-on, Market Place, 3-6pm.
• Bingo, Upwell Village Hall for the bowls club, doors open 6pm, eyes down 7pm, very good prizes.
• Wisbech Salvation Army family fun event with free Christmas crafts and food. Messy Church starts at 3pm at the hall in John Thompson Road Wisbech. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Festive fair with Santa’s Grotto and stalls, Glennfield Care Centre, Wisbech, 1-4pm, free entry.
Monday, December 1
• Christmas bingo, St Augustine’s Church, Wisbech, doors open 6.30pm for refreshments, games 7.30pm.
Wednesday December 3
• Leverington Village Hall, coffee morning.
• Friends of Wisbech Hospital fundraiser with cakes, tombola, Peckover Ward, North Cambs Hospital, 9am-3pm.
Thursday, December 4
• Bingo, in aid of Parson Drove Christmas Party, Parson Drove Village Hall, eyes down at 7.30pm.
• Christmas Bingo at Boyden Court, Elizabeth Terrace, Wisbech, eyes down at 1.30pm. All welcome.
• Charity bingo IAO Suffolk and Royal Anglian regiments, Wisbech Town FC. Doors open 6.30pm, eyes down 7.30pm. Contact 01945 880803.