What’s on in Fenland:
Wednesday, November 12
• Coffee morning, St Wendreda’s Church, March, 10am-noon. Cakes, plants and Christmas craft items. All money raised will go to church funds.
Thursday, November 13
• Bingo, in aid of Parson Drove Christmas party, Parson Drove Village Hall, eyes down 7.30pm.
• The Wisbech U3A meets on Thursday, November 13, at St Peter’s Church Hall at 2.30 pm. Guest speaker will be Doreen Reed, Poet and Storyteller.
Friday, November 14
• Charity Quiz night in aid of the Children Society at St Peter’s Church Hall, Wisbech, start 7.30pm, maximum of 6 people per team, £5 per person includes refreshments. To book a table and more details ring 01945 589320.
• A Talk by Sally Stafford entitled “Darwin’s Life in Letters”, Chatteris Library, 2pm–3.30pm. Entrance is free and refreshments are provided.
• Coffee morning in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, March Conservative Club, Creek Road, 10am-2pm.
Saturday, November 15
• Trinity Church, High Street, March. Table top sale, 9am-1pm. Free entry. Stalls, tea/coffee, cakes, bacon rolls, paninis. To book a stall (£5) ring 01354 655050.
• My Great War, an illustrated talk by William Wiskin at The Tower Ballroom, Wisbech Institute, Scrimshire’s Passage, £7 for friends, guests £9 including coffee or tea and cakes. Tickets are available from Etcetera, Bridge Street, Wisbech, or by writing to Mrs S Rosen, 8 Second Avenue, Wisbech, PE13 2BX (please include self addressed envelope).
• Chatteris Music Society is to bring the Cambridge University Jazz Orchestra, to St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Chatteris, from 7.30pm. Tickets are £10 in advance by calling 01354 692009, or £12 at the door. Under 16s go free. Interval refreshments served.
• St Peter’s Church, Wimblington, is holding its Autumn Fayre at the village’s Thomas Eaton School from 10am to midday. Fun and amusement for all the family and stalls galore. Refreshments will be served, raffles, games and gifts for Christmas. For more information please telephone 01354 740172 or 01354 742421.
Sunday, November 16
• 10am, The Salvation Army’s Anglia Youth Chorus (Choir) will be singing, and leading the morning service. All welcome at John Thompson Road Wisbech.
• Christmas Bazaar, Walpole Highway Village Hall, from 10am to 2pm. Organised by the Village Hall committee in aid of hall funds. More information – 01945 881229.
Wednesday, November 19
• Dave Rance’s Rocking Chair Band, Leverington Sports Jazz Club, Leverington Sports and Social Club, £7.50 while children receive free entry.
• Wisbech Diabetes UK Group, open meeting with Lisa Lowe of Dementia Friends, the Community Room, Tesco Wisbech Extra, Cromwell Road, Wisbech, from 7pm.
• Armchair winter walks, Manea colony by Peter Clayton, Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House, Wisbech, 7pm, £2.
• Leverington Village Hall, coffee morning, organised by hall management committee.
• Fen Speak Open Mic Night, Wisbech and Fenland Museum, Museum Square, Wisbech, doors open at 7pm ready for a 7.30pm start. A night where writers and poets of all abilities can come together and share their work.
Friday, November 21
• U3A coffee morning at Octavia View, Wisbech, at 10.30am. The U3A is open to retired and semi retired people and offers both social and learning opportunities. Open meetings are held every second Thursday of the month at St Peter’s Church Hall at 2.30pm.
n Send details of your events to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in these free listings.