What’s on in Fenland:
Wednesday, November 19
• House swapping roadshow, Oasis Community Centre, St Michaels Avenue, Wisbech, 11am-3pm.
• Prize bingo night in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, Walsoken Village Hall, organised by Wisbech Macmillan Football Club, doors open at 6pm ready for eyes down at 7pm, refreshments available.
Thursday, November 20
• Prize bingo, Murrow Village Hall, 6.45pm, eyes down 7.30pm, in aid of funds for Borneo expedition by Neale Wade schoolgirl Natalia Baxter. Prizes include vouchers, hampers and seasonal gifts.
Friday, November 21
• Illustrated talk on the topic of Flora around Huntingdon, by Lynne Farrell, at 7.30pm, in St Peter’s Church Hall, High St, March. Adults £2, children £1.
Saturday, November 22
• An evening of mediumship at the Rosmini Centre, Queens Road. Wisbech, 7pm to 9.30pm. Come along to a demonstration of mediumship, with well established and accomplished medium, Emma Charlton. Tickets are £5 in advance or £7 on the night. Refreshments available and a raffle. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 07799846071. Over 16’s only.
• A Feast for St Cecilia’s Day Concert with afternoon tea and meet the artists, St Wendreda’s Church, March, 3.30pm, £8 from the March Christian Bookshop, all profits to church funds.
• Race night, Jubilee Hall, Marshland St James, 7pm for 7.30pm start, funds for the upkeep of the hall, tickets £5 including hot supper from Sue Askew on 01945 430470 or Sonia Gowler 01945 430589.
• Prize bingo, in aid of PAW (Promoting Animal Welfare), Ementh Central Hall, doors open 6.30pm with eyes down at 7.15pm.
• Macmillan Cancer Support Christmas coffee morning in the Scout Hall, behind Sainsbury’s, Mill View, March, 9.30am until noon. Coffee and mince pies, big raffle, festive items for sale. Please help raise money for those affected by cancer.
• Christmas Fayre, at Tydd St Giles Methodist Chapel, 10am to noon. Stalls selling home-made cakes, preserves, Christmas cards and gifts, produce, bric a brac, books etc. Home-made scones and muffins with tea or coffee will be available all morning. The service on Sunday, November 23, will be taken by the Minister Rev Dale Sherriff and will start at 2.30pm.
• Save the Children (Wisbech branch) is holding a bazaar at St Peter’s Church Hall, Wisbech, 9.30am to 1pm. Stalls will include bric-a-brac, clothes, toys, books, cakes, christmas cards, tombola, raffle and refreshments.
• Fenrats music event at Sutton St Edmunds Village Hall, 7.30pm to midnight, Tony G Elvis tribute, finger buffet and dance, tickets cost £8 in advance on 01945 871115 or £10 on the door.
Monday, November 24
• The next Engage in the Afternoon event at March Library will be a talk by Linda Ingram from FACET, from 2pm to 3.30pm. Entrance is free and refreshments will be provided. Everyone welcome.
Tuesday, November 25
• Wisbech and District Fuchsia and Pelargonium Society meeting, 7.30pm, at Emneth Central Hall, Emneth. This will be the Annual General Meeting and will be followed by a buffet.
Thursday, November 27
• Christmas bingo in Leverington Village Hall.
• Bingo, in aid of Alderman and Payne School, Parson Drove Village Hall, eyes down at 7.30pm.
• Fenland Family History Society meeting at St Peter’s Church Hall, Wisbech. Doors open at 7pm. Speaker will be a special guest talking about her life as a “ Fen Girl”. Festive event. For further information please call 01945 587723.
• Murrow Pre-School Christmas Fair, 3pm-5pm, at Murrow Children’s Centre, stalls, gifts, raffle, tombola. Santa’s Grotto, refreshments.
Friday, November 28
• Quiz night at Gorefield Pavillion, organised by the Fenrats, 7.30pm, tickets costing £6 including a buffet are available on 01945 871115.
Saturday, November 29
• Car boot sale, St Andrew’s Church, Outwell. Contact 01945 773566
• Coffee morning with raffle, Friends of March library, Wordsworth Rooms, 10am-2noon
• Christmas Bazaar, Rose Lodge Care Home, Walton Road, Wisbech, starting at 2pm. If anyone would like a stall please contact Penny on 01945 474449.