What’s on in Fenland:
Thursday, April 2
• Upwell playing field car boot, pitches £5 each, toilets, teas, coffees etc, on site, disabled parking with blue badge on field.
Booters 8am, buyers 9am. Inquiries to Ros 01945 773604 or 07765045377.
• Mass with healing prayers, St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Wisbech, 10am. Mass of the Lord’s Supper, washing of feet, transfer of the Holy Eucharist and Watch of the Passion, 7pm.
• Solace Hair and Beauty, March, pamper evening, 5-8pm, in aid of Cancer Research, mini pamper treatments and raffle.
• Parson Drove Village Hall, bingo for Youth Football Club funds, eyes down 7.30pm. Call: 01945 700276.
Friday, April 3
• Ecumenical walk of witness, meet at the United Reformed Church, Wisbech, 10am.
• Celebration of the Lord’s Passion, St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Wisbech, 3pm.
• Fun day, from 11am at Chatteris Conservative Club, King Edward Road, bouncy castle, Easter bonnet competition, face painting and indoor games. Free admission.
Saturday, April 4
• Walpole Flower Club, open meeting with Nick Grounds as the demonstrator, Parish Hall, 7.30pm, £4. For more information call Beryl on 0140 6351657.
• Easter vigil, St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Wisbech, 8pm.
Sunday, April 5
• Festive solemn mass, St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Wisbech, 10am.
• Sunday Rock and Blues event at Elme Hall Hotel, Wisbech, featuring the Welsh T Band. Doors open at 3.30pm. Families are welcome with free admission for accompanied under 14’s. Adults £3. Free admission for hotel residents and Sunday lunch diners.
• Hedgehog Hunt for Easter egg prizes, accompanied children free, adults £2.50, Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House, 7 South Brink, Wisbech, tel 01945 476358.
Wednesday, April 8
• Coffee morning with stalls, St Wendreda’s Church Hall, 10am to noon.
• Engage in the Afternoon at Chatteris Library, 2pm–3.30pm, talk by the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Community Champion on “Keeping yourself safe from fire in your home.” Entrance is free and refreshments are provided.
Thursday, April 9
• Parson Drove Village Hall, bingo in aid of Christmas party funds, eyes down 7.30pm. Call: 01945 700276.
Friday, April 10
• Quiz, in aid of Fenrats, Gorefield Pavilion, Wolf Lane, 7.30pm, £6 per person including buffet.
Saturday, April 11
• Saturday Storytime at Chatteris Community Hub, for accompanied children aged three and over 10.30am-11.30am.
Sunday, April 12
• Leverington Jazz Club, The Stackyard Stompers, at The Sports Club, Church Road, Leverington PE13 5DE, 1.15pm. All welcome. Contact Dave/Sheila Dyer 01945 588325 :Email email@example.com
Wednesday, April 15
• Wisbech Sugar Club, Asda meeting room, North End, Wisbech, 7pm. Contact Joan Petchell on 01945 465496.
Friday, April 17
• Bingo, in aid of Fenrats, Gorefield Pavilion, eyes down at 7.30pm.
Saturday, April 18
• Walpole Weekend of Song, organised by the Robert Foot Leukaemia Fund, featuring Opera For A While performing Fascinating Rhythm, St Peter’s Church, Walpole St Peter, 7.30pm, £10 or £15 for combined ticket. For further details and to book, contact Michael and Wendy Foot on 01945 780468 or Ed and Marion Ribnell on 01945 780568.
• Horse and Pony Show, Upwell Playing Field, first class inhand 9.30am followed by “Fun classes” and ridden. Schedules available locally and Facebook page Upwell Playing Field Horse and Pony Show.
• VAC Daffodil flying, spotter day and public open day (www.vintageaircraftclub.org.uk); tower talks, hangar tours and bouncy castle at the Fenland Aero Club, Fenland Airfield, Holbeach St John.