What’s on in Fenland:
Wednesday, June 3
• Octavia Hill Birthplace House Walks, Shops and Shopping by Kevin Smith, meet at Clarkson Memorial, Wisbech, 7pm.
Saturday, June 6
• Church fete at the Roman Catholic Church, St John’s Road, March,11.30am-3pm.Live entertainment, stalls, games, BBQ and lots of bargains!!!!
Sunday, June 7
• Wisbech Festival, music, entertainment and fairground rides, Market Place, from noon to 6pm.
• Clic Sargent charity day, Fenland Aero Club, Fenland Airfield, Holbeach St Johns.
• 2.30pm, Sandringham Gardens, March Brass 2000 are playing a summer concert. The programme of music is an eclectic mix of classical, film and theatre, pop songs, marches and old favourites. Contact Deb Watts on 01354 655429 for further information.
Monday, June 8
• 7.30pm, Chatteris Working Men’s Club, Chatteris Royal British Legion welcome Gordon Lane, from The Gurkha Welfare Trust, to give a talk on Gurkhas and the work of the welfare trust. Free entry – everyone welcome. Donations to the Gurkha Welfare Trust - Earthquake Response Fund would be welcome, in view of recent events in Nepal.
Wednesday, June 10
• Coffee morning with stalls, St Wendreda’s Church Hall, 10am to noon.
• Octavia Hill Birthplace House walks, Wisbech Society 2015 by David Crouch, meet at Clarkson Memorial, Wisbech, 7pm.
Thursday, June 11
• Wisbech U3A, guest speaker is Sally DearmanCummings, an aircraft delivery pilot during Second World War, 2.30pm in St Peters Hall, Wisbech.
The guest speaker will be Sally DearmanCummings who was an aircraft delivery pilot during
WW2 . Her talk is entitled “Women can fly”.
Saturday, June 13
• Events day with treasure hunt / navigation exercise by air, spot landings and timed circuits, from 10am, Fenland Aero Club, Fenland Airfield, Holbeach St Johns.
• 9am onwards Elm and Friday Bridge annual yard sales and scarecrow competition. Proceeds for the Billy Lee ‘Back On My Own Two Feet Appeal’. Contact: Bob Wardle on 01945 860907.
Wednesday, June 17
• Wisbech Sugar Club, Fay Barnett on Poppies, Asda meeting room, North End, Wisbech, 7pm. Contact Joan Petchell on 01945 465496.
• Octavia Hill Birthplace House walks, Legal Wisbech, Peter Clayton, Clarkson Memorial, 7pm.
Sunday, June 21
• Elgood’s Jazz Day on Fathers’ Day/Midsummer Day at Elgood’s Brewery Gardens, entry from 11am, jazz starts 1pm.
Bar and food available, picnics allowed, raffle in aid of charity (Norfolk Hospice), band Richard Exall’s Shooting Stars,
further details from Dave or Sheila Dyer on 01945 588325, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Octavia Hill Birthplace House, Midsummer Food Fair, Steve Pollington The Secret Garden Touring Park, PE13 4TR, Wisbech St Mary.
Wednesday, June 24
• Octavia Hill Birthplace House, Fenland and West Norfolk Aviation Museum PE14 7DA, 7pm.
Wednesday, July 1
• Octavia Hill Birthplace House, St George and the Dragon, Sam Smith, at Clarkson Memorial, 7pm.
Sunday, July 5
• Vintage Wings and Wheels Day, Fenland Aero Club, Fenland Airfield, Holbeach St Johns.