Home   News   Article

Bonfire warning after blaze in March

Fire crews. Photo: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
Fire crews. Photo: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service

Firefighters have issued a warning after being called out to a bonfire.

Crews from March were called to a bonfire on a building site in Peashill Road, March, just before 5pm yesterday (Thursday, September 10).

The bonfire was issuing black smoke and had been left unattended.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Bonfires can quickly become out of control and spread to houses, trees and fencing - especially when they’re left unattended. We would advise anyone to avoid having a bonfire and instead take material to a local waste and recycling site.

“If you do choose to have a bonfire, then ensure it is built well away from trees, foliage and other property. Pay attention to the weather, including wind direction, and never leave it unattended.”

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More