Home   News   Article

Building fire in Wisbech

No Caption ABCDE ENGANL00120130307143202
No Caption ABCDE ENGANL00120130307143202

Firefighters were called to a building fire in Wisbech yesterday (Monday, June 22).

The corner of a portable building in Europa Way was accidentally set alight at 8,20am.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire by 8.50am. Positive pressure ventilation fans were also used.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Watch Commander Phil Pilbeam said: “A fire was started by workers in a brazier that was unfortunately located too closely to combustible materials against the portable building. The fire spread and the building quickly became involved.

“It is important to remember that if you are lighting any type of open fire to do so well away from property or other combustible materials like fencing and vegetation.”

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More