WISBECH fire crews were kept busy over the weekend with several fires.
The weekend kicked off early on Friday afternoon with an accidental stubble fire off the A47.
At 4.55pm, two crews from Wisbech were called to a field fire on the Wisbech bypass. Firefighters arrived to find about two acres of stubble which was well alight.
They used two hose reels and beaters to extinguish the fire and returned to their fire station by 6pm.
There were two deliberate bin fires on Saturday.
At 4.05pm, two crews from Wisbech were called to a fire in a bin store on Henson Close.
Firefighters discovered the fire was affecting several wheelie bins in a wheelie bin compound which had started to spread to the exterior of two flats.
Crews used one hose reel to extinguish the fire and returned to their fire station by 5.05pm.
At 7.25pm, one crew from Wisbech and one crew from West Walton were called to a bin fire on Cherry Road.
Firefighters extinguished a large wheelie bin fire using one hose reel and returned to their fire station by 8pm.
Anyone with information on either of these deliberate fires should contact the police on 0345-456-4564, or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111, or log onto www.crimestoppers-uk.org
At 7.15pm on Saturday, two crews from Wisbech were called to a fire in a house on Sutton Road.
A fire in an oven was put out using one dry powder extinguisher and one CO2 extinguisher. The property was then ventilated and crews returned to their fire station by 8pm.
The fire was accidental and had been caused by cooking which had been left unattended.
A fire service spokesperson said: “Over half of accidental house fires start in the kitchen. Make sure you do not get distracted when cooking as it only takes a few minutes for unattended cooking to cause a potentially devastating house fire.”