Carbon monoxide leak in Leverington home

Share this article

A FAMILY had a narrow escape on Saturday evening after a suspected carbon monoxide leak in their home.

A resident of Gorefield Road, Leverington called 999 at 9pm when their carbon monoxide alarm went off. The resident told the control operator that the family was experiencing headaches.

The operator told the person to get their family out of the home as quickly as possible.

Two crews from Wisbech arrived shortly after and entered the home wearing breathing apparatus. They made the house safe by switching off the power supplies and ventilating.

Paramedics carried out a precautionary check on the two adults and two children at the scene.

This was a suspected Carbon Monoxide leak.

A fire service spokesperson said: “Make sure all gas appliances are serviced once a year by a Gas Safe registered technician.

“Most importantly make sure you have a CO alarm installed as this is an odourless gas and without an alarm you may not notice a leak until it is too late.”