WITH the Easter break, many people take advantage of the holidays to enjoy a well-earned break.
But with your estate agents continuing to work hard on your behalf, there are a few steps you can take to ensure there are no missed opportunities when it comes to viewings.
Independent estate agents and valuers Harrison Murray have a few seasonal tips for sellers to ensure they don’t miss out on any interest in their home this Easter.
• Inform your agent that you are going away and above all, leave them a key.
• Ensure that your home is spotless if you are going away for a few days.
• Empty household rubbish bins, make sure all work surfaces are clean and tidy, clear out magazine racks, ensure that draining boards and sinks are clear of washing up and the dishwasher is empty.
• Don’t leave any washing hanging over the radiators, dying flowers in a vase or fruit past its best in the bowl.
• A couple of strategically placed air fresheners will ensure a pleasant aroma in your home.
• Make sure your agent has a contact number in case they need to call you about that all important offer.
Harrison Murray’s development director Jackie Scotten said: “The Easter break is a great time to recharge your batteries after the winter months – but for those people who are looking to move, it presents a wonderful opportunity to go house hunting.
“If your home is for sale and you are planning a few days away over Easter, it is certainly worth doing what we have suggested before you leave.”