Home   News   Article

Fire breaks out in Wisbech tanning shop




No Caption ABCDE ENGANL00120130627151941
No Caption ABCDE ENGANL00120130627151941

Firefighters were called to a Wisbech tanning shop when a sunbed caught fire.

Crews attended the shop, in Norfolk Street, shortly after 11.30am last Wednesday.

Watch commander John Chelton said the fire was caused by an electrical fault.

The shop was smoke-logged when firefighters arrived and had been evacuated.

A member of staff had tried to tackle the blaze using a dry powder extinguisher and crews ensured it was properly put out.

Mr Chelton added: “We would encourage staff in any business to evacuate their premises immediately after discovering a fire, closing doors along the way, and to dial 999.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More