Fire crews rescue dog from Fenland house fire
Fire crews rescued a dog from a burning house in Eastalls Close, Doddington yesterday.
Crews from March and Chatteris were called to the house fire at 10.14am on Wednesday August 10.
A neighbour noticed smoke issuing from the two-storey semi-detached house and called the fire service. No one was in the property.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus forced entry into the house and used a hose reel to put out a fire that had started on a cooker and also rescued a dog.
The cause of the fire was accidental, believed to have started by items overheating on a cooker.