Fire crews have spent the day fighting an extensive blaze involving 500 tonnes of wood chippings and waste wood material.
A fire crew and water carrier from Ramsey were called to a fire in the open in Longholme Road, Upwood at 8.14am today, Wednesday May 25.
Approximately 500 tonnes of wood chippings and waste wood material was alight and smouldering.
Firefighters used hose reels to contain the fire and stop it from spreading and a digging machine was used to spread the material out to extinguish it quicker.
The fire is being allowed to burn out in a controlled environment this afternoon.
Regular inspections are being made to the site by fire crews.
The cause of the fire was accidental, believed to have been a bonfire that spread.