Fire safety demonstration

Share this article

SHOPPERS at the Horsefair Shopping Centre can get some fire safety advice first hand thanks to the local fire service.

Firefighters from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue will be situated between the centre’s Boots store and the Horsefair Tavern to demonstrate the dangers of using water on chip pan fires, throughout the day on Thursday, November 17.

In addition to highlighting the dangers and how easily fires can occur as a result of using deep fat fryers, firefighters will also demonstrate how to put them out quickly and effectively and also give advice and answer questions from shoppers.

Speaking about the demonstration day, Horsefair manager, Kevin Smith said: “I think our shoppers will find the demonstrations throughout the day really interesting and informative and take away some really valuable advice.”