THE Leverington bungalow destroyed by yesterday’s gas explosion has been flattened.
Neighbour Daisy Watts, who sent us this picture, said workmen worked through the night to make the building safe before the bulldozers moved in this morning (Tuesday).
Metal thieves have been blamed for causing the catastrophic gas explosion that destroyed the St Leonard’s Road property.
It is believed they stole copper pipes from the empty bungalow, causing a small gas leak that ignited at 1.15am on Monday. Nobody was injured.
The adjoining bungalow was also damaged in the explosion, but contractors hope it can be repaired now it has been stabilised.