Man electrocuted by power lines
A man was flown to hospital after being electrocuted by overhead cables.
Fire broke out yesterday (Thursday, February 11) after a lorry hit power lines in Block Fen, Chatteris.
The man, who is in his 40s, had escaped the truck but was flown to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries by the Magpas Air Ambulance.
Firefighters from Ely and Chatteris were called to the blaze just after 4pm and remained on scene for nearly four hours putting out the blaze.
An ambulance, two rapid response vehicles, a Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) vehicle and an ambulance officer.