Suspected hazardous substance sparks emergency response in March
Residents on a housing estate in March were warned to stay indoors as emergency services responded to reports that a hazardous substance had been found.
The incident saw police, fire and ambulance crews attend the property in Bittern Way at around 4.45pm yesterday (Thursday) after a man had received a parcel, which, when opened, released a substance which caused irritation.
A police spokesman said: "A cordon was put in place for safety reasons and residents were advised to stay indoors with their windows and doors closed, while the contents of the package were examined. It was later found to be non-hazardous.
"We would like to thank the community for their patience while we dealt with the incident."
The cordon was finally removed at around 6pm.