St Peter’s Church in Wimblington is an oddity in the world of churches and unlike anything else in Cambridgeshire.
The Grade II listed building is built in an unusual style normally only seen in small chapels, not large parish churches.
The church is laid out in an unusual fashion as well, with entry via a porch in the south-west corner and no clerestory. At the east end is a large crossing tower with rose windows, a clock and a pyramidal roof.
The church was designed by Thomas Henry Wyatt and opened in 1874 after the village split from Doddington to become its own parish.