What’s on in Fenland
What’s on in Fenland:
Thursday, March 5
• At All Saints’ Church, Walsoken, an evening with Tony G singing music of the 50s and 60s, such as Presley and Billy Fury. Starts at 7.30pm. Tickets £5 at the door.
• At Parson Drove Village Hall, bingo, eyes down 7.30pm, proceeds for Christmas party, contact 01945 700276.
Friday, March 6
• At Westwood Junior School, March, Race Night, 7pm. Tickets £5 each including a jacket potato with filling – bring your own drink (alcohol is permitted). Buy a horse for £5, winning horse wins £15. Sponsor a race for £20, business will be advertised in the programme. Contact school office on 01354 653033 or e-mail email@example.com
• Charity quiz night in aid of the Children’s Society at St Peter’s Church Hall, Wisbech, start 7.30pm prompt, maximum of 6 people per team, £5 per person includes refreshments. To book a table and more details telephone 01945 589320.
• Women’s World Day of Prayer, prepared by the Women of Bahamas, hosted by St Augustine’s Church, Wisbech, 7pm.
• Quiz at Trinity Church, High Street, March, 7.30pm. Teams of up to four, or come and make up a team, £2.50 per person including refreshments.
Saturday, March 7
• Giant jumble sale and coffee morning, Wisbech Salvation Army Hall, John Thompson Road, 10am to noon. Free entry.
• Chatteris Music Society is presenting a concert featuring The Band of the Queen’s Division (The Minden Band) at the Parish Church of St Peter and St Paul, Chatteris, from 7.30pm.
The programme will include a mixture of military music and other popular melodies.
Tickets cost £12.50 in advance from 01354 669104/692009 or from Elizabeth’s Florist, High Street, Chatteris, or Greetings Card Shop, 3 High Street, March; or £15 on the door. Under 16s free. Interval refreshments will be provided. Proceeds for military charities SSAFA and CAMus.
• Country Market coffee morning at Tydd St. Giles Methodist Chapel, from 10am to noon. There are various stalls selling homemade cakes and preserves, produce, bric a brac, books. etc. Coffee, tea and home-made scones and blueberry muffins will be available all morning.
Sunday, March 8
• Leverington Jazz Club, 1.15pm, at Leverington Sports and Social Club, Church Road, Leverington.
• Elme Hall Hotel, The Blues Boy Kings make their first appearance. Doors 3.30pm. Families welcome with free admission for accompanied under 14s. Adults £3.Free admission for hotel residents and Sunday lunch diners.
Wednesday, March 11
• Coffee morning with stalls, St Wendreda’s Church Hall, 10am to noon.
• Engage in the Afternoon at Chatteris Library, 2pm to 3.30pm. This month’s event features a talk by Tony Homden entitled ‘My time in the Merchant Navy’. Entry is free and refreshments will be provided. Donations appreciated to cover cost of refreshments and speaker.
Friday, March 13
• Classic soul and Motown too, Braza Club, March, 8pm-12.30am, £6 from Lakers and the Music Box in Wisbech or call 07950 468011.
Saturday, March 14
• Girls night out with male strippers, drag queen and comedian, organised by Benwick Community Watch to raise money for the Santa Special, Benwick Village Hall, 7-11pm, £10 including food. Call 01354 677665.
• Poetry, Pudding and Punch event at Trinity Church, High Street, March, from 4pm to 6pm. Tickets must be purchased by Sunday, March 8, from 01354 651754 or 01354 656550.
• Chatteris Community Cinema, The Book of Life, 3pm with Mr Turner at 7pm, King Edward Lane, Chatteris. Tickets are £4 for adults and £3 for under 16s. Contact: 07759 049619.
Wednesday, March 18
• Wisbech Sugar Club, Alison Newman on lace making, Asda meeting room, North End, Wisbech, 7pm. Contact Joan Petchell on 01945 465496.
Thursday, March 19
• At Parsons Drove Village Hall, bingo, eyes down 7.30pm, in aid of amenities fund, contact 01945 700276.
Friday, March 20
Race night organised by Coldham Residents Action Group to raise funds for the village playing field, at the March GER Club, Robingoodfellows Lane, March. Racing starts at 7:30pm. Tickets are £5, which includes a Hog Roast Roll and Roast Potato supper, and are available from John on 01945 860830.
Saturday, March 21
• Fenland Aero Club, Fenland Airfield, Holbeach St Johns, full English spot Landing flying from 10.30am – 11.30am.
• Table top sale at Trinity Church, High Street, March, from 9am to 1pm. Includes drinks, cakes and hot snacks.
• At Parsons Drove Village Hall, bingo, eyes down 7.30pm, in aid of Billy Lee Fund, contact Maureen 01945 700566 or Casey 01945 700276.
Spring tales and craft session for children aged three and over (must be accompanied by an adult), March Library, 10.30am – 11.30am, free admission
Walpole Flower Club, open meeting with Nick Grounds as the demonstrator, Parish Hall, 7.30pm, £4. For more information call Beryl on 0140 6351657.
Coffee morning with stalls, St Wendreda’s Church Hall, 10am to noon.
Wisbech Sugar Club, Asda meeting room, North End, Wisbech, 7pm. Contact Joan Petchell on 01945 465496.
Wapole Weekend of Song, organised by the Robert Foot Leukaemia Fund, Opera For A While performing Fascinating Rhythm, St Peter’s Church, Walpole St Peter, 7.30pm, £10 or £15 for combined ticket contact Michael and Wendy Foot on 01945 780468 or Ed and Marion Ribnell on 01945 780568.
Saturday 18th April 2015 -
VAC Daffodil flying, Spotter day and Public Open Day (www.vintageaircraftclub.org.uk); Tower talks, hanger Tours and bouncy castle Fenland Aero Club, Fenland Airfield, Holbeach St Johns,
Walpole Weekend of Song, organised by the Robert Foot Leukamia Fund, celebrated tenor Andrew Kennedy prsenting an Afternoon of English Song, St Peter’s Church, Walpole St Peter, £10 or £15 for combined ticket contact Michael and Wendy Foot on 01945 780468 or Ed and Marion Ribnell on 01945 780568.