What’s on in Fenland:
Wednesday, March 18
• Wisbech Sugar Club, Alison Newman on lace making, Asda meeting room, North End, Wisbech, 7pm. Contact Joan Petchell on 01945 465496.
• Winter Armchair Walks, Common Origins: the National Trust and the Wisbech Institute by Peter Clayton Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House, 7pm at Peckover House, £2 on the door.
Thursday, March 19
• At Parson Drove Village Hall, bingo, eyes down 7.30pm, in aid of amenities fund, contact 01945 700276.
Friday, March 20
• Race night organised by Coldham Residents Action Group to raise funds for the village playing field, at the March GER Club, Robingoodfellows Lane, March. Racing starts at 7:30pm. Tickets are £5, which includes a Hog Roast Roll and Roast Potato supper, and are available from John on 01945 860830.
• Easter Bingo, St Peter’s Junior School, Wisbech, doors open 6.15pm, eyes down 7pm. Free children’s game up to 11 years. Easter Bonnet Competition with prize for best boy and girl under 11 years, raffle, refreshments. Being held by Friends of St Peter’s School (FOSPS) in aid of school funds to buy equipment/fund visits for the children.
• March Wildlife Group, illustrated talk on Butterflies by Louise Bacon at 7.30pm in St Peter’s Church Hall, High Street. March. Admission costs adults £2, children £1.
• Bingo at Walsoken Village Hall, proceeds to All Saints’ Church, eyes down 7.30pm.
Saturday, March 21
• Fenland Aero Club, Fenland Airfield, Holbeach St Johns, full English spot Landing flying from 10.30am – 11.30am.
• Table top sale at Trinity Church, High Street, March, from 9am to 1pm. Includes drinks, cakes and hot snacks.
• At Parson Drove Village Hall, bingo, eyes down 7.30pm, in aid of Billy Lee Fund, contact Maureen 01945 700566 or Casey 01945 700276.
• Spring tales and craft session for children aged three and over (must be accompanied by an adult), March Library, 10.30am – 11.30am, free admission.
• Lupus charity fundraiser, “Glitz and Glamour” themed dance (no stiletto shoes), organised by Friends of St Augustine’s, Parish Centre Hall, Wisbech, £3, 07874 245683. Bring your own nibbles and drink. Raffle too.
• 1940s dance with supper, GER Sports Club, Robingoodfellows Lane, March, 6pm to midnight, £12, including supper. Contact Donna on 07876 264613 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or www.germarch.co.uk
• Charity cabaret evening with Perry Dennis and the Ultimate Cher Tribute Act, in aid of Alzheimer’s Society, Conservative Club in Chatteris, 7.30pm, £7.50.
Sunday, March 22
• Pamper evening, in aid of Eddie’s, March Conservative Club, March, 6-8pm, £5 from email@example.com or 01354 651166.
• At Elme Hall Hotel, Wisbech, Lizzy On The Loose, tribute to the music of Thin Lizzy. Doors open 3.30pm. Families are welcome with free admission for accompanied under 14s. Adults £3. Free admission for hotel residents and Sunday lunch diners.
Tuesday March 24
• Wimblington Film club, The Hundred-Foot Journey, starring Dame Helen Mirren. Wimblington Parish Hall, Addison Road.
Doors open at 1.30pm, £2.50 all welcome. Refreshments are available.
Saturday, March 28
• Coffee morning and Easter Bonnet competition, organised by Friends of March Library, Wordsworth Room at March Library, 10am-noon.
• Spring fair, Elliott Lodge, March, 10am, stalls, games and competitions.
Sunday, March 29
• Blessing and distribution of palms, procession and solemn mass, St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Wisbech, 10am.
Monday, March 30
• Engage in the Afternoon, talk by Iain Smith of the Middle Level Commissioners, March Library, 2pm–3.30pm, free entry.