What’s on in Fenland:
Wednesday, July 8
• Coffee morning with stalls, St Wendreda’s Church Hall, 10am to noon.
• Octavia Hill Birthplace House, Wisbech International, Roger Powell and Peter Clayton, Clarkson Memorial, 7pm.
• Engage event with Mr Seaton of Buttercross Auctions, Chatteris Library, 2-3pm.
Thursday, July 9
• Parson Drove village hall, bingo, eyes down 7.30pm, proceeds for Alderman Payne School. Enquiries to Christine on 01945 700744.
Saturday, July 11
• 10am-noon, Leverington Church, Friends of Leverington Church monthly market. A wide variety of fresh produce, plants, gifts, home-made cakes, craft items and so much more. The ever-popular coffee shop will be open, so come along to buy a cake or meet up with friends over a cuppa and slice of home-made cake. If you would like a stall (£3), please ring 01945 475097 to book. Please note there is no market in August.
• 7.30pm St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Chatteris, Paula Jackman’s Jazzmen. Paula brings her Dixieland and traditional jazz band to Chatteris. Tickets: prebooked: Adults £10 from 01354 669104/692009, or Elizabeth’s Florist, Chatteris. Tickets are also available from the Greetings Card Shop, 3 High Street, March, 01354 657495. Price on the door: £12. Under 16s free.
Sunday, July 12
• Wicken Coronation Band, March Town Council summer concert season, West End Park, 2-4pm.
Wednesday, July 15
• Wisbech Sugar Club, Jo Gamble, Asda meeting room, North End, Wisbech, 7pm. Contact Joan Petchell on 01945 465496.
• Octavia Hill Birthplace House, Blooming Wisbech, Bloom Team, Clarkson Memorial, 7pm.
Thursday, July 16
• Coffee morning, Leverington village hall management committee, doors open 10am.
Saturday, July 18
• Stalls to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support, Argos, Wisbech Road, March, 9am.
• Welney water gala and raft races. Participants and raft racers needed.
• 2-4pm Hickathrift House, Marshland St James, annual summer fayre. If you are interested in having a stall please contact Sara on 01945 430636.
Sunday, July 19
• City of Peterborough Concert Band, March Town Council summer concerts, West End Park, 2-4pm.
Tuesday, July 21
• Poetry and Chat
Lightweight poetry, Wisbech Library, mingled with some laughs and chatter,
Nothing heavy – try us if you’re partial to a rhyme and natter.
Every third Tuesday in the Upstairs Room at Wisbech Library, 2pm-3.30pm, read or just listen, all welcome. Contact Brenda Mead on 07766 510217, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, July 22
• Octavia Hill Birthplace House, Prize Treasure Trail Quiz, Keith Aplin, Octavia Hill Birthplace, 7pm.
Sunday, July 26
• 7.30am-noon, village hall, Welney, car boot sale. Booters and customers welcome.
• City of Ely Military Band, March Town Council summer concerts, West End Park, 2-4pm.
Monday, July 27
• 2pm-3pm Engage in the Afternoon at March Library. Skylark Garden Centre will be bringing in some of their plants and sharing their expert knowledge of gardening. Entrance is free and refreshments will be provided.
Wednesday, July 29
• Octavia Hill Birthplace House, Oliver Cromwell, Naseby and the Civil War, Peter Clayton, Somers Road Car Park, 7pm.
Sunday, August 2
Elgoods Brewery and Gardens, Wisbech, National Gardens Scheme (NGS) Open Day in aid of charity, 11.30am-4.30pm, £3.50.
MADAOS, March Town Council Summer Concerts, West End Park, 2-4pm.