What’s on in Fenland
What’s on in Fenland:
Wednesday, September 16
• Wisbech Sugar Club, workshop by Sheila Rimmington, Asda meeting room, North End, Wisbech, 7pm. Contact Joan Petchell on 01945 465496.
• 7.30pm, Long Sutton Market House, Volunteers of Long Sutton Market House present The Bizarre Universe talk by Richard Pearce. Tickets £3 on the door, tel 01406 366767, email email@example.com All proceeds for the upkeep of this community building.
Thursday, September 17
• Upwell playing field, car boot sale every Thursday, pitches £5, toilets and refreshments available, booters 8am, buyers 9am. Car boot £5 per pitch unlimited space covering 2.5 acres, no need to book, contact Ros on 07765045377.
• Bingo, in aid of Parson Drove Youth Club, Parson Drove Village Hall, eyes down 7.30pm. Contact 01945 700276.
Friday, September 18
• 7.30pm, Leverington Church, Friday Night Is Music Night. The Clarkson Singers perform a medley of songs reflecting that 2015 is a year packed full of commemorative occasions. Sit back and listen or sit up and join in – bring your own flags! Refreshments included in the ticket price of £5 and there will be a raffle. For tickets ring 01945 475097 or pay at the door on the night.
• 7.30pm St Peter’s Church Hall, High Street, March, March Wildlife Group present a talk on Gault Wood by Alan Palmer, Joan Munns and Spencer Holland. £2.
Saturday, September 19
• 7am Upwell playing field car boot sale and Macmillan coffee morning. Coffee morning starts 10am, contact Ros on 07765045377.
• Last Night of the Proms, St Peter’s Church, Wisbech, 6.30pm for 7pm. Kings Lynn Town Band playing songs from favourite musicals with guest soprano Anneli Killen. £10, concessions £7.50, including light refreshments. Adele and Trevor on 01945 587653, Lesley 01945 461397, church office 01945 582508.
• “The Great Fens Flyin”, Fenland Aero Club, Fenland Airfield, Jekils Bank, Holbeach St John.
• 1940s dance and dinner, Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech, in aid of the Luminus Ferry Project, £19.45 from Octavia View or call 01945 429300.
• 7.30pm, Upwell village hall, race night, proceeds to Upwell Bowls Club, playing field and village hall. Tickets £5 and £3 (child) including supper. Licensed bar, big cash prizes on final race! Horses, jockeys and entry tickets from butchers John Spikings and Brian Tweed, hall, bowls and playing field committee members. 01945 772354 for more details.
Sunday September 20
• Elme Hall Hotel Sunday Rock and Blues Club, Elme Hall Hotel, Wisbech, present Dave Gray and Sidewinder. Doors open 3.30pm. Families are welcome with free admission for accompanied under 14’s. Adults £3. Free admission for hotel residents and Sunday lunch diners.
Monday, September 21
• Arts Group meets weekly at the Rosmini Centre, Wisbech, 3-5pm, £1.
Thursday, September 24
• Upwell playing field, car boot sale every Thursday (see September 17).
• Bingo, in aid of Parson Drove School, Parson Drove Village Hall, eyes down at 7.30pm. Contact 01945 700744.
Friday, September 25
World’s Biggest Coffee Morning events in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support:
• Ellis Winters & Co, Market Hill in Chatteris, 10am-noon.
• Parson Drove Chapel, 10am-3.30pm.
• Macmillan and Hudson Day Centre, North Cambs Hospital, Wisbech, 10.15am-11.30am.
• 10am-12.30pm, Leverington Village Hall, plus raffle, all welcome.
• 10am-noon, Bob and Shirley Bell in Murrow Village Hall. Raffle, tombola, tea, cakes and coffee. Donations for the tombola would be welcome. Contact 01945 701335.
• 9am-noon, VIP Hair, Walsoken. Cakes, plants, shrubs, flowers, jam, chutney, free-range eggs, knitted babies clothes, jewellery, a raffle and more! Everyone very welcome.
• Janet Greenall and Joanna Johnson at 67 High Street Gorefield, 10am-1pm.
Tydd St Giles Church flower festival with a unique carpet of flowers, 2pm to 6pm.
Saturday, September 26
Leverington Ladies Autumn fair, village hall, 10am.
10am-noon, March Library, Friends of March Library coffee morning. Come along, take a break from the shopping and enjoy a warm welcome in the Wordsworth Room at March Library. Try your luck in the prize raffle. Everyone welcome.
Tydd St Giles Village Garage Sale, 9am-3pm.
Tydd St Giles Church flower festival with unique carpet of flowers, 9am-6pm.
Sunday, September 27
Tydd St Giles Church flower festival with a unique carpet of flowers, 1pm to 6pm.
Monday, September 28
Engage in the Afternoon at March Library, 2pm-3.30pm. Talk about ‘The Buildings of March’, with Jennifer Lawler of the March Society.
Entrance is free and refreshments will be provided.