What’s on in Fenland:
Wednesday, October 28
• Halloween disco for under 13s, organised by Friends of the Playground, Oasis Community Centre, Wisbech, 4.30pm to 6.30pm, free entry.
Thursday, October 29
• Upwell playing field, car boot sale every Thursday, pitches £5, toilets and refreshments available, booters 8am, buyers 9am. Car boot £5 per pitch unlimited space covering 2.5 acres, no need to book, contact Ros on 07765045377.
• Bingo, in aid of Addenbrookes hospital, Parson Drove Village Hall. Contact 01945 700276.
Friday, October 30
• Play in the dark, with catapults, spooky dens, campfire and Halloween hunt, Adventure Playground, The Spinney, Wisbech, until 6.30pm.
Saturday, October 31
• March Model Railway Club open day, March Scout Hall, Mill View. Opened at 10am by the Mayor, Coun Rob Skoulding, it will showcase the club and enable prospective members to see what it is all about.
• 5 SKA, playing all the Ska classics, at the GER Sports and Social Club, Robingoodfellows Lane, March, from 7.30pm-late, £3 members, £5 non-members. (Pay on the door). www.germarch.co.uk
• 10am-noon, Coffee morning at March Library. Friends of March Library invite you to join them in the Wordsworth Room at March Library. Take a break from the shopping and enjoy a drink and a chat. Also, try your luck in the prize raffle. Everyone welcome.
• 4pm-6pm, Wisbech and District Ex-Services Club, Alexandra Road, Wisbech, children’s Halloween party. Come along in your spooky outfits.
• Halloween Fun Day, Wisbech Town Centre, including Horsefair Shopping Centre, 3-5pm.
Sunday, November 1
• Remembrance Service for those having lost loved ones, St Augustine’s Church, Wisbech, 4pm. All welcome to light a candle in memory.
• Craft fair, Doddington Village Hall, 9.30am to 3.30pm.
Saturday, November 7
• Dance, Marshland School, West Walton. Dancing to Mel Stevens and the Classics and tickets are £10 each, available from Sue on 01945 464665 or from Fox’s Card Shop, Market Place, Wisbech.
Sunday, November 8
• All afternoon, Wisbech and District Ex-Services Club, Alexandra Road, Wisbech – Remembrance Sunday with Roy McManus. Join Wisbech keyboard player, Roy McManus, during the afternoon of Remembrance Sunday and listen to your favourite music from the 1940’s to the present day. New members always welcome.
• Craft fair, Oliver Cromwell Hotel, March, 9.30am to 3.30pm.
Tuesday November 10
• Fenland Archaeological Society, archaeologist James Fairbairn on “The Saxons of East Anglia”, Mendi’s Restaurant, 21 Old Market Place in Wisbech, 7.30pm, £2 for non-members
Wednesday, November 11
• Coffee morning, St Wendreda’s Church Hall, March, 10am.
• 2pm-3pm, Engage in the Afternoon at Chatteris Library. A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Community Champion will talk about ‘keeping yourself safe from fire in your home’. Refreshments will be provided. Donations are appreciated to cover the cost of the refreshments and speaker. Everyone welcome.
Friday, November 13
• Charity quiz night in aid of the Children’s Society at St Peter’s Church Hall, Wisbech, start 7.30pm prompt, maximum of 6 people per team, £5 per person includes refreshments. To book a table and more details call 01945 589320.
• Quiz, in aid of Fenrats, Woodman’s Pub, Gorefield, 7.30pm start, entry £6 including buffet. To book call 01945 700169.
n Get your event in our free listings. Email it to news@ fenlandcitizen.co.uk at least three weeks in advance.