What’s on in Fenland
What’s on in Fenland:
Thursday, December 17
• Charity bingo to raise funds for Children’s Liver Disease, Parson Drove Village Hall. Eyes down for 7.30pm start.
• 6.30pm, Bulley Davey carol concert at St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Wisbech.
Friday, December 18
• 6pm, Thomas Clarkson Academy concert at St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Wisbech, raising money for refugees.
Sunday, December 20
• 6.30pm Leverington Church, Carol service. Come along and sing your favourite carols by candlelight then have a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie before you go out into the cold.
• 3pm, Newton Church, carol service. Celebrate Christmas by joining in and singing your favourite carols, followed by a glass of sherry and a mince pie or two.
• 6.30pm, All Saints’ Church, Walsoken, Carols by Candlelight followed by mince pies and mulled wine.
Thursday, December 24
• 6pm Leverington Church, Crib service. Come along with your little shepherds and angels (or any indeed any other fancy dressed child) and take part in this DIY crib service.
• Midnight Mass, St Augustine’s Church, Wisbech, 11.30pm.
• 4pm, All Saints’ Church, Walsoken, Family Crib Service, followed by refreshments.
• 5pm, Christmas Eve candlelight crib service at St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Wisbech. All welcome.
• 11.30pm, Midnight mass, St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Wisbech.
Friday, December 25
• 10am, Christmas Day service, St Augustine’s Church, Wisbech.
• 10am, Christmas morning mass, St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Wisbech.
Sunday, December 27
• Christmas Bash, Northern Soul and Motown Classics, Rob Smith, Martin Stanford, Smudge Smith, Jamie Trundle, Clint Dennis, Derek Smiley and Kev Gallagher, March Braza Club, Elm Road, 3.30pm -12.30am, call 07950 468011.
• 10am, Newton Church, three parishes joint service followed by refreshments. Everyone welcome to join in.
Thursday, December 31
• Dancing to Sounds Familiar with buffet, Upwell Hall, £20 from Ros 01945 773604.
Saturday, January 9
• 10.30am-11.30am, Saturday Storytime at Chatteris Library. Join us for stories at Chatteris Library for families with children aged 3 years and over. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tuesday, January 19
• Poetry and Chat
Lightweight poetry, Wisbech Library, mingled with some laughs and chatter,
Nothing heavy – try us if you’re partial to a rhyme and natter.
Every third Tuesday in the Upstairs Room at Wisbech Library, 2pm-3.30pm, read or just listen, all welcome. Contact Brenda Mead on 07766 510217, email email@example.com
Monday, January 25
• 2pm-3pm, Engage in the Afternoon at March Library. The Engage event for January will be a very interesting and informative talk by Richard Lloyd of Middle Level Commissioners, about the building and function of St German’s Pumping Station. Refreshments will be provided.
Saturday, January 30
• 10am-noon, Friends of March Library coffee morning. Come along for a hot drink and try your luck with the prize raffle! Everyone welcome! n Do you have an event you’d like publicising in our free listings service? Email the details to news@ fenlandcitizen.co.uk and include the word Listings in the subject title. Try to get it to us at least three weeks ahead of the scheduled event.