What’s on in Fenland
What’s on in Fenland:
Wednesday, January 13
• 2pm-3.30pm Engage in the Afternoon at Chatteris Library, featuring a talk by Leon Jones, of the Royal British Legion, entitled ‘My Life in the Army’. Refreshments are provided.
Thursday, January 14
• Prize Bingo, 7 for 7.30pm start, Murrow Village Hall. Raffle and refreshments. In aid of the hall’s “Raise the Roof” fund.
Friday, January 15
• Quiz night, presented by Fenrats, at The Woodmans, High Road, Gorefield, 7.30pm start. For more information contact 01945 700169 or 01945 701248.
Tuesday, January 19
• Poetry and Chat
Lightweight poetry, Wisbech Library, mingled with some laughs and chatter,
Nothing heavy – try us if you’re partial to a rhyme and natter.
Every third Tuesday in the Upstairs Room at Wisbech Library, 2pm-3.30pm, read or just listen, all welcome. Contact Brenda Mead on 07766 510217, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Line Dancing classes, St Augustine’s Parish Centre, Wisbech. Try it out for free, 10am-11am. Enquiries 07874 245683.
Wednesday, January 20
• Wisbech Memories: Royal Mail Through Wisbech by Russell Biggs, Octavia Hill Birthplace House, Wisbech, 7pm, £2 entry.
• 7pm-9pm, Community Room, Tesco Wisbech Extra, Cromwell Road, Wisbech, PE14 0SF. Wisbech Diabetes UK Group open meeting, speaker to be confirmed. Everyone welcome, there are no membership requirements and light refreshments available. Free entry. Contact: 01945 463436.
Thursday, January 21
• Line Dancing classes, St Augustine’s Parish Centre, Wisbech. Try it out for free, 1.30pm-2.30pm. Enquiries 07874 245683.
• Beetle Drive, Murrow Village Hall, 7pm start. Tickets £6 from 01945 700212, to include a light supper. In aid of the hall’s “Raise the Roof” fund.
Monday, January 25
• 2pm-3pm, Engage in the Afternoon at March Library. The Engage event for January will be a very interesting and informative talk by Richard Lloyd of Middle Level Commissioners, about the building and function of St German’s Pumping Station. Refreshments will be provided.
Thursday, January 28
• Doors open 7pm, talk starts 7.30pm, St Peter’s Church hall, Wisbech, Fenland Family History Society meeting featuring Susanah Farmer, with her talk on “Back to Basics” followed by help for beginners, and a refresher for the more experienced.The usual library stand, book stall, etc, will be available. Visitors welcome £2. For more information please phone 01945 587723. Free car parking adjacent to hall.
Friday, January 29
• Bingo at Walsoken Village Hall. Starts at 7.30pm. Proceeds to parish church screen and sound system fund.
Saturday, January 30
• 10am-noon, Friends of March Library Coffee Morning. Come along for a hot drink and try your luck with the prize raffle! Everyone welcome! n Do you have an event you would like publicising in our free listings service? Email the details to news@ fenlandcitizen.co.uk and include the word Listings in the message subject title. Try to get it in at least three weeks ahead of the event.