What’s on in Fenland:
Wednesday, January 27
• 7pm for 7.30pm, White Lion Hotel, South Brink, Wisbech, evening of clairvoyance with international medium Paul Mainwaring. Limited tickets available from Adele on 01945 587653, price £7. All proceeds to Macmillan Cancer Support. Raffle and auction at half-time.
Thursday, January 28
• Doors open 7pm, talk starts 7.30pm, St Peter’s Church hall, Wisbech, Fenland Family History Society meeting featuring Susanah Farmer, with her talk on “Back to Basics” followed by help for beginners, and a refresher for the more experienced. The usual library stand, book stall, etc, will be available. Visitors welcome £2. For more information please phone 01945 587723. Free car parking adjacent to hall.
Friday, January 29
• Bingo at Walsoken Village Hall. Starts at 7.30pm. Proceeds to parish church screen and sound system fund.
• 8pm-11.30pm, Wisbech St Mary Sports and Community Centre, Country Music night presenting the duo Clear Cut. Doors open 7.30pm, tickets £7.50, contact 0845 2255566 or email info@ wsmcommunity.com
• 3.15pm-4.15pm All Saints’ Church, Elm, drop-in session. All welcome for a chat, tea and refreshments.
Saturday, January 30
• 10am-noon, Friends of March Library coffee morning. Come along for a hot drink and try your luck with the prize raffle! Everyone welcome!
Sunday, January 31
• 3pm-5pm, All Saints’ Church, Walsoken, Messy Church. Activities, crafts, food. All ages welcome. More details: 01945 583740.
Wednesday, February 3
• 1pm Wisbech and Fenland Museum, “Brewing In Wisbech”, a talk by Alan Pateman, head brewer of Elgood’s Brewery. Members of Friends of Museum free, non-members £2 entry.
Tuesday, February 9
• 12.30pm, Leverington village hall, soup luncheon with a variety of delicious soups and a sweet, only £5.
• 7.30pm, Leverington Village Hall. Leverington Ladies are hosting a magical evening of music and songs from the shows with Rapport. Bring you friends and partners, guests £3.
Friday, February 12
• 7.30pm, St Peter’s Church Hall, March, March Museum Society’s first evening lecture of 2016. John Shaw will be giving an illustrated talk on ‘Zeppelins and the Hindenburg Crash 1937’. Everyone is welcome. Admission £3 (members £2) refreshments included.
Saturday, February 13
• Upwell Hall, Upwell Playing Field Committee – a registered charity – will be holding a Valentine’s Dance, dancing to local band Sounds Familiar, sausage and chip supper, tickets are £12.50 each. Please contact Nigel on 01945 773331 or Ros 01945 773604, all proceeds for Upwell Playing Field Committee.
Tuesday, February 16
• Poetry and Chat
Lightweight poetry, Wisbech Library, mingled with some laughs and chatter,
Nothing heavy – try us if you’re partial to a rhyme and natter.
Every third Tuesday in the Upstairs Room at Wisbech Library, 2pm-3.30pm, read or just listen, all welcome. Contact Brenda Mead on 07766 510217, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, February 18
• Leverington village hall, 10am-noon, coffee morning. All welcome.