Acorns are top of the tree

editorial image


Chatteris B 1, Red Lodge 2

A lacklustre Chatteris side were beaten by their hard working opponents from Suffolk having never quite got going.

Chatteris conceded a soft penalty on 10 minutes but managed to equalise on 22 minutes. A lovely through ball by Joyce was smartly finished by Gary Jackson.

Chatteris then looked the better side but were beaten by a well taken break-away goal on 56 minutes.


Wisbech Acorns 3, Netherton 2

Acorns clinched the Division 3 league title in their first season in the Peterborough Junior Alliance league.

Acorns started brightly and after 27 seconds Rob Munden scored the first goal and then a second before Ben Lister scored to secure a three goal half time lead.

Despite Netherton scoring two late goals Acorns were always in control of the game. Shane Coleman was mom for a good defensive performance.

Ketton 3, Leverington Blue 0

Blues had 10 players but matched Ketton in a goal-less first half.

Ketton took advantage of their extra man to score three second half goals, but all credit to Blues for a very hard working performance. Callum Willoughby was mom.

Park Rangers 1, Estover Park 3

Estover put in a hard-working performance to beat table toppers Park Rangers.

New signing from Chatteris Jake Kaval scored a hat-trick, with the last a long-range super strike.

Niall Jackson worked hard in defence, as did Jake Stacey in the second half, but the whole team pressed and closed Park, not allowing them time on the ball.

“’I am so pleased for the lads because all of them worked so hard today,” said manager Stuart Jackson.


Leverington 0, Woottons 2

This was one of those games for Leverington where they just did not click.

Both teams cancelled each other out in the first half to go in level at the break. Woottons found the net twice in the second half to seal the points.

George Chadwick (mom) showed excellent work rate despite carrying an injury.

Chatteris Town 0, Arbury Aces 5

Chatteris lost their unbeaten run of 20 matches undefeated against top of the league Arbury.

Arbury came out strongly and led 2-0 at half-time. Chatteris showed some determination after the break but Arbury continued to accurately feed the ball towards the goal, adding three more goals.

WSM Yellows 19, Bourne 0

Yellows were crowned the Division Three champions with a convincing win.

Yellows opened the game up by continually pushing the ball out wide to their wingers.

Liam Scott on the right wing had an excellent game with some fine crosses and powerful shots. Warren Jolly hit a personal landmark scoring his 50th goal of the season, and the defence were strong throughout keeping their 11th clean sheet.

The goalscorers were: Alphy Hayes 2, Sam Land 3, Liam Scott 3, Brandon Watson 3, Cameron Leitch 4 and Warren Jolly 4.


Benwick 1, March 9

An outstanding all-round team performance saw March dominate throughout.

Morgan Cogman Wright and Bradley Stratton fired March to a 2-0 lead at half time. Dan Waltham made it 3-0 shortly after the break.

Cogman Wright went on to complete his hat-trick. Niall Kightly scored two very well taken goals. Further goals came from the excellent Kyle Bird and Stef Cavozzi completed the scoring.

Stamford 0, WSM Yellows 4

An understrength but very determined Yellows played well in this top of the league encounter.

Lewis Swann and Harry Witney had very good games in unusual positions. Yellows have now not conceded a goal for the last four games.

Goalscorers: Ben Gale, Lewis Swann, Jack Gale and Brandon Campbell.

Leverington 13, RSSS 2

Leverington were in great form from the start with Jake Meyer scoring a hat-trick and winning three penalties.

Kieran Hallatt was top scorer with five and further goals came from Lewis Roxbee 2, James Johnson, Mitchell Smith and Joe Carter. Max Dade (mom) worked hard in midfield.

Outwell Swifts 11, Walpole 3

Outwell are making an assault at the head of the table in the Fenland and District Youth League and have now had seven straight wins.

Walpole started strongly taking the lead but Outwell quickly re-composed to take control and dominate the game thereafter with Ben Allen (mom) securing his first ever hat-trick.

Outwell has seen a solid season develop strongly leaving manager Paul Hunt convinced that they stand a very real chance of finishing in the league top three.


Wisbech Acorns 0

Estover Park 1

Estover edged this Cup quarter-final clash against a much improved Acorns team. Luke Thorne’s close range finish was the difference between the sides. Kyle Nosworthy (mom).

Holbeach 3,

WSM Yellows 2 (aet)

Yellows took an early lead through Kieran Symons which they held onto until half time.

After the break Holbeach came out the stronger team and got a well deserved equaliser and then chances were created by both teams. Midway through the second half Holbeach took the lead but Cain Plitsch made it 2-2.

The game then went into extra time where once again Holbeach took the lead with minutes remaining. Yellows had one last chance which was cleared off the line in the final seconds. Man of the match for Yellows was Jamie Blades.

Hungate Yellows 12,

Outwell Swifts 3

Swifts were slow to get started, giving the Yellows a strong lead.

However once Chris Cotty scored his first goal the whole team pulled together to give a much improved performance.

Cotty finished the game with his first hat-trick of the season. James Day (mom).