Higgs has four-goal haul as Rovers roar to top


Hungate 3, Leverington 2

Hungate came out on top in a typical gritty local derby after they opened the scoring with a Matty Pope shot but the first half ended all square.

Ben Gallon (mom) restored the lead but again the match was levelled.

Toby Freear scored the third but only a fantastic save from keeper Alex Lucas denied another equaliser near the end.


Chatteris B 4, Fulbourn 1

Windy conditions didn’t deter Chatteris gaining a comfortable win.

A wonderful strike by Josh Joyce and a close range finnish by Ben McDermott, both set up byFrankie Ransome, gave the Tigers a 2-0 lead.

Mitch Dawson’s excellent left foot cross was met on the run by Gary Jackson on 21 minutess and just before half-time Jackson got a second with a clever lob after a superb pass by Joyce (mom).

In the second half Tigers were in command yet conceded a late consolation.

Spartak 1, Wisbech St Mary 0

Saints’ unbeaten run came to an end in a game hampered by the conditions.

After failure to put away several chances in the first half they were made to pay in the second finding themselves a goal down.

Despite their best efforts were unable to equalise battling against a head wind and a well organised offside trap.


Chatteris A 3, Saffron Walden 2

A fumbling defence gave Saffron Walden the lead, before Jordan Dover scored equaliser following great combination with Asa Revell.

After the break Revell scored with a fantastic curling shot, before the visitors hit back from a poorly defended free kick.

Luke Bailey’s individual effort gave Chatteris the win to keep them in the title race.

Hungate Rovers 2, Swaffham 0

Hungate’s recent good form continued with another hard-working display.

Ryan Mcmanus gave them the lead and then Tom Ward was rewarded for his hard work in recent weeks when he added a second.

Brad Sheldrake was impressive in goal once again and Samuel Young was man of match.

Wisbech Acorns 1, Parkway 3

In this top of the table clash poor finishing and indecision in defence proved costly for Acorns despite creating more chances.

Acorns only goal was scored by Rob Munden following a good run and cross from Ben Lister.

Alex Drewery (mom) put in a good battling and passing performance in midfield.

Netherton Hawks 1,

Leverington Whites 3

Netherton took the lead half in this League Cup quarter-final, with the strong wind in their favour, but Leverington defended well to keep it to 1-0 at half time.

Leverington came out in the second half determined to make the most of the wind advantage.

Goals from Brad Easey, Jake Hopkisson and Dan Youles sent Leverington deservedly through to the last four.

Leverington Blue 0, Stamford 9

Blues nine men team battled hard against a strong Stamford team, but found themselves 6-0 down at the break.

Blues conceded a further three second half goals, but all credit to them for their tremendous effort and hard work.


Leverington 1, Litcham 4

A disappointing result and performance from Leverington.

Ethan Davey put Leverington ahead early on, but from then on Litcham took control of the game and deserved the win.

WSM Yellows 9, Woodston 0

Yellows opened the scoring through Brandon Watson and then scored a second through Warren Jolly, but struggled to get going in the first half.

In the second half Jolly scored three more goals, Liam Scott scored two, Ryan Buckley (mom) had an excellent game with some good runs was also on target along with for his second.

Chatteris Town 2,

Hundon Hawks 2

Lewis Brightman gave Chatteris the lead in this top of the table clash with a brilliant long range goal.

Hundon replied with an equaliser initiated by a very quick break.

After the break Hundon took the lead but Chatteris came back with a Will Grant equaliser. The pressure came in waves from Hundon but it remained all square.

Hungate Rovers Yellows 9,

Sawtry Blue 1

Yellows went to the top of the table after this fine win in difficult conditions.

Keiran Higgs opening the scoring with two quick goals, followed by goals from Harry Baldry and Ryan Harnwell to make it 4-0 at half-time.

After the break further goals came from a Harry Baldry hat-trick and a Higgs double taking his tally to four.

Sawtry gained a consulation goal late on.


Leverington 0, Estover Park 3

Patrick Allingham’s first goal of the season inspired Estover to a convincing win over the league leaders.

Garrison Asher also scored a goal in each half as the Estover defence kept Leverington away from the goal.

The defensive pair of Callum Kirby and Kyle Nosworthy were faultless and Brooklyn Gray (mom) dominated midfield.


Wisbech St Mary 2,

March SS A 3

The second meeting of the season for these two teams resulted in March gaining the advantage over the league leaders again.

March’s Lee Hunt found the back of the net followed by a great volley from the halfway line for Fin Clarke.

Some great passing in the second half helped Lee Hunt hit the target again.

St Mary came back with two great goals from Smeethurst and Jolley.