March boss must pick up his side from poor display

MARCH Town manager Paul Crosbie has to pick his side up from two defeats suffered in four days for Saturday’s game at Brightlingsea Regent.

The Hares went to Wisbech in the Red Insure League Cup last night.

He said: “We will see who we have got on available on Tuesday and go on from there. We didn’t include Stuart Porter on Saturday because he had been suspended.

“I put Danny Emmington on the bench because as a 17-year-old that would have been six games in eight days playing for us and the youth team.

“We could have done with Danny but it’s more about the long-term.”

Robbie Masters is back available after a stag do at the weekend, and goalkeeper Ben Collett takes a bow because Marc Hipwell is unavailable on Saturday. Stuart Porter is also available after a ban.

Crosbie commented: “Ben got 90 minutes for the Reserves after he completed his suspension. I have had feedback and he performed very well.”

March Town 1, Great Yarmouth 2

THE Hares performed badly in the second half for the second game in a row, which cost them the points in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One on Saturday.

This followed a poor display in the second period during the midweek loss to Fakenham.

March boss Paul Crosbie said: “We took the lead after 15 minutes and there was only one team in it. We were missing chances, their keeper tipped a couple of efforts over the bar, and we were getting a little cocky and arrogant.

“Their equaliser they got on the break and we never got our defence in shape for.”

March Town had taken the lead with a very well-worked goal. James McDonough started the move on the left-hand side, passing inside to Guiliano Staffieri, who worked it out to the right. Stu Anderson played it into the right hand channel of the away penalty box for in-form scorer Lewis Thompson to slot into the far left-hand corner of the net.

Anderson then did everything right by taking the ball around the Great Yarmouth goalkeeper, but a combination of the stopper’s body and Anderson’s foot sent the ball wide of the target.

Crosbie said: “I said for the second half: If we play like we did in the first half we will be alright, but in another horrific second half performance they scored direct from a free-kick, while we did not have a shot on goal.

“All the good work from the first half was lost. We have got some big questions and self-evaluation to do before Tuesday night when we play Wisbech.

“From being a very good side three weeks on the trot to very bad in four days is very frustrating.”

March: Hipwell, Mattless, Sutton, Lemmon, Spendelow, McDonough, G. Staffieri, Welcher, Thompson, Anderson, White. Subs used: Saunders, Hollis.