Reserves reach final

LEVERINGTON Reserves booked their place in the PFA Junior Cup final with a 3-0 win against Coates Reserves on Saturday.

They also have the chance of booking another final date in the North Cambs Junior Cup in two weeks time as well.

They took the lead midway through the first half when a good move was finished off by Mariusz Kudyba.

Shane Milner’s outfit always looked the better team and made it 2-0 after the break when Danny Paynter’s free kick evaded everyone and sneaked into the net.

The best move of the game resulted in a third Leverington goal when right back Ben Norman started it off and then ended a five pass move with a good finish.

Milner, who only took over the team last season, said: “It was a good performance and we thoroughly deserved the win. Stu Webb has brought more consistency to the club this season which has been a great help.”

Webb was also very happy with Leverington’s first team display with a 3-0 win at Uppingham in the Premier Division.

Curtis Knight put them 1-0 up from a Dan Fysh pass, but Darren Hyde brought off a top save just before the break to keep the lead intact. On the hour Sam Cubberley made it 2-0 and 15 minutes later the goalkeeper’s clearance rebounded off Cubberley into the net for 3-0.

Although Hyde made two more good saves, it always looked to be Leverington’s game.

Webb said: “I got the right reaction from last week and was pleased with the way we played.”

One poor note for Leverington is that Aaron McKenna looks set to join Wisbech St Mary this week.

Parson Drove missed the chance to ease their relegation worries in the Premier Division with a goalless draw with Crowland.

Nick Markillie said: “It was very even but I think we had the better chances. James Patrick missed the best of them blazing over the bar with the goal at his mercy.

“It was very disappointing especially when you score six goals the previous week and then cannot score one.”

Top scorer Matty Cawthorn scored both goals as Long Sutton continued their good run in Division One with a 2-1 win against Netherton Reserves.

Sutton Bridge drew 1-1 with Hartford Sun in Division Two with Robert Hook on target.