Home   Sport   Article

Subscribe Now

Hallatts and Osbournes shine as Wisbech Men’s 2nds beat Louth in hockey family affair

More news, no ads


Wisbech Men’s 2nds 3 Louth 1sts 2

A slightly changed side from last week, but with two substitutes for a change, saw the 2nds start with a poor first ten minutes, resulting in a Louth goal.

This proved to be the motivation required and Louth started conceding short corners. At the 16th minute Nick “Sprog” Osbourne, with a trademark big strike, converted to level the score.

Wisbech 1st v Bishops Stortford 1st Hockey. (17274765)
Wisbech 1st v Bishops Stortford 1st Hockey. (17274765)

Two minutes later Jamie Hallatt also converted from the short corner routine, followed in the 23rd minute by brother Kieran Hallatt from another well-drilled routine.

Louth broke the Wisbech defence late in the first half, leaving the Wisbech keeper one-on-one and conceding a penalty flick.

The second half Wisbech dominated again, with Lewis Jackson disrupting the middle of the park.

Despite not finding the net, Wisbech remained the better side and Louth found it tough to deal with the likes of the younger Joe Else, Josh Porter and Jamie Hallatt.

Pretty much a family affair with ‘Ozzy’ Osbourne joining dad Nick in having a great game. Credit to the two umpires who allowed the game to flow.

MoM: Nick Osborne.

Wisbech Men's 3rds 6 Bourne Deeping 0

Wisbech had control from start to finish but couldn’t find the net in the first 20 minutes. They managed to go into half-time 2-0 up but in truth it should have been many more.

After the break Wisbech found the net with more frequency.

Goals came from Elliot Peck 3, Howard Atkins, Ryan Parker and Mike Lawrence. It was a very good performance all round.

MoM: Lee Punter.

Wisbech Men's 4ths 0 Cambs South 5’s 2

Wisbech were hoping to to get back into winning ways this week.

It was end to end from the start and with both defences working well, they managed to keep the score at 0-0 at half-time.

The flowing hockey of previous weeks wasn’t there on Saturday and Wisbech were caught out twice in the second half. It could have been a lot more if it were not for a determined and organised defence. Jonathan Garwell came close to scoring but it was cleared off the line.

MoM: Nidge Lowe.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More