Home   Sport   Article

March denied at end by Needham Mkt after creating chances

March Town Utd first team drew 2-2 with Needham Market and the Reserves had a great comeback to win 3-2 at Fenstanton.

The Hares levelled via a fine headed goal from Adam Conyard on the stroke of half time in Thurlow Nunn League First Division.

Matthew Cox put March head early in the second period and created a lot of chances, but the young opponents levelled it near the end. March on Saturday travel in the FA Vase to Gorleston.

Reserves’ goals came from David Blake, Casey Logan and Tom Morton.

The Ladies began their S Tech League North season with a tough visit to Fenland Park, beating Wisbech 2-1.

Wisbech took the lead on 25 minutes. Louise Barbour scored from close range and with a deft lob to give the Hares a 2-1 lead at half-time.

Hares PoM: Keeper Tori Sharpe.

The U16 team drew at Boston United Community FC 3-3. Goalscorers were James Meek two and Endijs Murnieks.

Upwell Town bowed out of the Creake Charity Shield after losing 2-0 to higher division Alconbury.

Going into the second half Upwell were pushing for an equaliser before a horrific challenge on captain Matt Thomas saw the game delayed for 45 minutes whilst waiting for an ambulance.

Manager, Karl Schultz said: “Unfortunately I feel as though a couple of key decisions went against us.”

Cambs League 3B

Benwick Athletic 5

Earith United 2

Benwick Athletic maintained their 100% record with goals from Sam Kavanagh, Dayne Moore (2) and Alan Setchell (2).

Keeper Max Bailey pulled off three great saves.

Cambs Lower Junior Cup

Chatteris Fen Tigers 6

Benwick Athletic Res 3

Benwick took a strong performance to third division Chatteris.

Rikki-Lee Marr scored a penalty to level, but three goals in 15 minutes gave Tigers the half-time advantage of 4-1.

Adam Fuller pulled a goal back and Gary Davis set up a fine finish for Frasier Casson-Rennie.

Marchester Utd 5 March Rangers Res 3 (aet)

Marchester progressed after they levelled things through Konrad Bednarz and a brace from Lewis Greening.

In the same cup, Upwell Reserves visited Guyhirn, losing 3-1. Will Ketteringham netted his first for the club.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More