Home   Sport   Article

March Ladies keep focused with Kelly treble

Sport News from the Fenland Citizen, fenlandcitizen.co.uk, @FenlandCit on Twitter
Sport News from the Fenland Citizen, fenlandcitizen.co.uk, @FenlandCit on Twitter

S Tech Ladies League

March Town 4

Swineshead Institute 1

The Hares had a team bonding session last Wednesday: a training session of Binocular Football in Peterborough, where players wear different type of goggles to change their balance and perception of the ball.

Shannon Kelly scored a 26-minute hat-trick as the Hares kept their focus and stormed into a 4-0 lead. The pick was a lob from 25 yards into the far corner. Skipper Jade Pointer also scored with a long range shot.

In the second half against the wind, Swineshead’s only goal was a penalty. The Hares move up to second in the league.

PoM: Jade Pointer.

March Res 5

Manea United 1

The Hares made the semi-finals of the North Cambs Junior Cup.

It was 3-0 at the break with goals from Adam Conyard, Lewis Hearn and a penalty from Casey Logan. Goals from Ben Lemmon and Stuart Dunlop made it 5-0 after 50 minutes, with Manea notching on 54 minutes.

March: Mortlock, Dunlop, Lemmon, Curson, Blake, Cox, Young, Conyard, Morton, Logan, Hearn. Subs: Harrison, Youles, Carter, Mattless.

Lower Junior Cup

Upwell 3

Chatteris Fen Tigers 2

Upwell were involved in a mammoth last 16 battle against Chatteris Fen Tigers.

Tigers went in at half-time 1-0 up. The second half started like the first finished, with Upwell on top. A long range effort from Tigers clipped the post and went in.

Tom Brazil nodded in just after the hour mark. Scott Beetlestone’s effort squirmed under the almost faultless keeper to equal the game 12 minutes from time.

With five minutes to go, Jonny Allen produced a save before Aiden Rouse pounced on the rebound.

Manager Karl Schultz said: “Fen Tigers really pushed us all the way. Their keeper was brilliant! They’re full of battlers and this brought out the best in my lot.”

Upwell Reserves didn’t play after Lakenheath Casuals couldn’t raise a team.

Upwell A won their top of the table encounter with Denver to boast the only undefeated team in North West Norfolk Division Three.

Upwell went 1-0 down before going 2-1, 3-2 and 4-3 up. Jake Gent scored three and 16-year-old Kieran Cave grabbed the winner five minutes from time.

Manager Harry Griffin said: “There wasn’t a bad player on the pitch. I’m proud of the effort, determination and will to win.”

The Eagle 2

Wimblington Res 3

Goals from Sam Frankham 2 and Paul Shafer won the game in miserable weather.

Man of the Match: Kieran Daplyn.

Manager Frankham said: “I am so proud of the difference in our team in the last three games. Everyone dug in and got the result.”

Cambs League Div Five

Marchester Utd 7

Barton Mills 1

Marchester recorded their best result of the season, scoring seven second half goals from Joe Bothamley 2, Joe Buckley, Daniel Symonds, Matty Hampshire, Ed Robinson (pen) and sub Sam Everitt.

Peterborough League

Intermediate Shield

Stamford Lions Res 0 Tydd St Mary FC 3

Stu Easey floated in a corner which Dan Piccaver headed against the bar, and central defensive partner, Luke Tordoff prodded home from close range.

On 33 minutes another corner by Easey found MoM Piccaver to head home.

The game was marred in the 37th minute when Tydd’s Matthew Clayden was seriously assaulted after making a tackle. Clayden reacted, raised his hands and by the letter of the law, had to be sent off along with the Stamford player.

On the hour sub Joe Harrison was upended in the box and Scott Pemberton slammed the penalty home.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More