Wisbech fail to capitalise on their trip to the capital

Ramgarhia 5, Wisbech 1

Wisbech crashed to defeat in London in an unpleasant game.

Despite being far from their best Wisbech acquitted themselves well early on as both sides wasted chances to take the lead.

Ramgarhia lost a player when he played the ball above his head and after this contested every decision that went against them. Wisbech failed to capitalise on their numerical advantage and were made to pay when Ramgarhia scored with what turned out to be the last touch of the first half.

Ramgarhia scored twice early in the second half before Wisbech finally found the net from a Jon Shippey short corner strike. Any hopes of a comeback were quickly extinguished when Ramgarhia replied almost immediately.

The hosts saw their numbers reduced again before sealing their victory with a fifth goal.

This weekend Wisbech host Cambridge Nomads (2.30)

Rutland 2nds 2, Wisbech 2nds 0

Wisbech were unfortunate to go behind early on when Rutland scored a breakaway goal.

The match then took on an all too familiar pattern with Wisbech competing, but unable to score. Alex Jones stood out in attack, repeatedly cutting through the Rutland defence with some silky stick work.

Matt Pooley was quick off the line to block the Rutland shots and goalkeeper Simon Freear pulled off some terrific saves. It was a travesty when Rutland scored a second goal from a penalty corner just before the end.

Wisbech need to take three points from their next match, at home to bottom of the league March 2nds (11.30).

Wisbech 3rd 3, St Neots 1st 2

This was a must-win match for Wisbech against but they went 1-0 down.

In the first half Wisbech controlled long spells of the match but failed to show the killer instinct.

Early in the second half Wisbech gave a St Neots player too much room and he fired the ball into the top corner.

Wisbech then changed their tactics and scored three quick goals, Richard Claxton scored the first two, both good finishes, then a pinpoint pass from Sam Portham found James Williams who dribbled into the area and smashed in.

St Neots scored a consolation goal in the last seconds. Man of the match went to Gavin Plume.

Wisbech 4ths 0, Spalding 3rds 6

Wisbech entertained the high-flying Spalding side who did not disappoint.

Despite the first Spalding goal comingoff the leg of an attacker, they scored some well taken goals.

With a 3-0 lead at half-time, Spalding were soon out of reach of a hard working Wisbech team and added another three goals in the second half without reply.

On Saturday it is March (a) 4pm start.