Fire rips through bungalow roof after spreading from shed
A Fenland bungalow has been badly damaged after a fire at the property on Tuesday (19) evening which took fire crews nearly five hours to put out.
The owners of the property in Almond Drive, March, were reportedly away when the fire struck and were called home by concerned neighbours.
A fire spokesperson said crews from March, Chatteris, Wisbech, Whittlesey and Standground attended the incident which happened at around 6.36pm.
He said the firefighters arrived to find fire in the roof space of the bungalow which had spread from a shed.
The wore breathing apparatus as they tackled the blaze extinguishing the fire using hose reels and jets, with the turntable ladder used to tackle the fire from above.
The spokesperson added: "All people were accounted for. One male casualty required treatment for smoke inhalation and was left in the care of ambulance crews."
The crews returned to their stations by 11pm. The cause of the fire was accidental.