Getting involved in Mental Health Awareness Week
Monday marked the start of Mental Health Awareness Week, organised by the Mental Health Foundation.
This year’s theme is Kindness. The reason for this, they say, is: “One thing that we have seen all over the world is that kindness is prevailing in uncertain times.”
There are lots of ways to get involved this year. See some simple examples below:
• Joining in online by using the hashtags #KindnessMatters and #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek under posts and photos. Or following the Mental Health Foundation on any social media channel;
• Arrange to have a cup of tea and a virtual catch up with someone you know;
• Send an inspirational quote to a friend;
• Spend time playing with your pet;
• Make a cup of tea for someone you live with;
• Offer support to vulnerable neighbours;
• Donate to foodbanks;
• Arrange to have a video lunch with a colleague.
There are also plenty of ways to challenge yourself a little too, through the 30 minute movement challenge and by hosting a virtual quiz with family and friends.
Not only can this raise the spirits of the people you care about but it will for you too.
Taking time out of your day to move your body will help you to feel better and give you a mood boost, while doing something enjoyable for family and friends will bring you joy, knowing you’re helping others in these difficult times.
If you want more information about Mental Health Awareness Week, visit www.mentalhealth.org.uk to learn how you can get involved and fundraise for the charity.
Further to this, if you want to take part in their 30 minute movement challenge, why not visit Active Fenland’s YouTube Channel for loads of inspiration?
We have low impact yoga sessions through to HIIT, bodyweight workouts and even dance tutorials (Facebook only) you can do as a family. Our Facebook page also has plenty of ways for you to stay well at home in these difficult times, with a 30 day wellbeing challenge of our own which you can do together as a family and comes with an activity pack.
If you would like a copy of this for free please email email@example.com