What’s on in Fenland:
Thursday, January 15
• Leverington village hall committee are holding a coffee morning, 10am until noon.
Friday, January 16
• Bingo at Walsoken Village Hall in aid of All Saints’ Church. Starts at 7.30pm.
• Wisbech Music Society is hosting a recital by Christina McMaster at the Russell Hall, Wisbech Grammar School, from 7.30pm. Tickets at £10, students £7. For more information contact society chairman Roger Powell on 01945 585073.
Sunday, January 18
• Elme Hall Hotel, Demoniser, local hard rock and metal band, making their first appearance at this venue. Expect some Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Anthrax, Pantera, Deep Purple and much more.
Doors open 3.30pm. Families are welcome with free admission for accompanied under 14s. Adults £3. Free admission for hotel residents and Sunday lunch diners.
Wednesday, January 21
• Wisbech Diabetes UK Group, open meeting “Enjoy Food”, 7pm, at The Community Room, Tesco Wisbech Extra, Cromwell Road, Wisbech. All welcome, light refreshments.
Thursday, January 22
• The January meeting of the Fenland Family History Society will be held at St Peter’s Church Hall, Wisbech. Doors open at 7pm.
The speaker will be Steven Manning who will give an illustrated talk on ‘How to find your Ancestors’, with hints on how to research your family history.
The usual bookstall and library will be available. Non-members are welcome, entry £2. For more information phone 01945 587723.
Saturday, January 24
• March Library. Saturday Storytime, 10.30am–11.30am. Session this month has a fairy tale theme. Listen to stories and make something crafty to take home. Suitable for children aged three and over. Parents/carers must remain with their children at all times.
• St. Peter and St Paul Church Hall, Wisbech, car boot sale, open to all, 7am to 1pm. For further details contact Keith Aplin on 01945 461938.
Sunday, January 25
• March Wildlife Group has arranged a guided walk at Gault Wood, Grange Road, March, (near the golf course) at 2pm. Meet in the car park. Everyone is welcome.
Monday, January 26
• Engage in the Afternoon at March Library, 2pm–3.30pm. This Engage event is a live demonstration by Fenland Artist John Abbott.
Entrance is free and refreshments will be provided.
Saturday, January 31
• March Library, Friends of March Library coffee morning, 10am–noon. In the Wordsworth Room, refreshments and a prize raffle. Everyone welcome.
Tuesday, February 3
• March Royal British Legion Club meeting, West End, March, at 7.45 pm. New members welcome.
Sunday, February 8
• Leverington Jazz Club – The Jazz Club will now meet on the second Sunday of the calendar month and the time has changed to 1.15pm.
The next event will feature the Dave Rance Rocking Chair Band.
n Do you have a forthcoming event you would like included in our free listings service? Email the details to us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks ahead of the date.