Who's who at Fenland District Council following recent elections
Councillor Chris Boden has been elected as the new leader of Fenland District Council.
The leader of the Conservative Group and councillor for Bassenhally, Whittlesey, was voted in by members at a full council meeting today (May 23).
After paying tribute to outgoing leader Councillor Chris Seaton, Councillor Boden announced his cabinet members and their portfolios. The cabinet now consists of:
* Councillor Boden – Leader of the council and portfolio holder for finance
* Councillor Jan French – Deputy leader of the council
* Councillor Steve Tierney – Portfolio holder for transformation and communication
* Councillor Sam Hoy – Portfolio holder for housing
* Councillor Sam Clark – Portfolio holder for social housing and leisure
* Councillor Chris Seaton – Portfolio holder for social mobility and Heritage
* Councillor Peter Murphy – Portfolio holder for environment
* Councillor Ian Benney – Portfolio holder for economic growth
* Councillor Maureen Davis – Portfolio holder for communities
* Councillor Dee Laws – Portfolio holder for planning
Councillor Kay Mayor was re-elected as chairman of the council, and Councillor Alex Miscandlon has taken on the role of vice-chairman.
There were also new appointments to council committees:
* Overview & scrutiny committee – Chairman councillor Alex Miscandlon
* Planning committee – Chairman councillor David Connor
* Licensing committee – Chairman councillor Michael Humphrey
* Staff committee – Chairman councillor David Mason
* Corporate governance committee – Chairman councillor John Clark
* Conduct committee – Chairman councillor Dave Topgood
* Appointments panel – Chairman Chris Boden